Weidman training with Stipe to prepare for Gastelum? Wtf?

I can talk about MMA because I'm a fan. I'm not under any illusions that I know how to train MMA fighters better than they do, you seem to be under the assumption that you can lol.
Weidman is on a three fight losing skid and he hasn't changed anything in his preparation, if you think that's a path to success, you're not a very knowledgeable fan.

Weidman is on a three fight losing skid and he hasn't changed anything in his preparation, if you think that's a path to success, you're not a very knowledgeable fan.
I have enough knowledge to know that he's fought the best of the best in his division. Maybe, just maybe Chris is not top 5 at MW, but bottom 5 in the top 10.

Vid has been timestamped to the Stipe bit

Looks like Weidman needs pack his bags for Bellator already, and get his Mousasi rematch.

Just a note, the Serra-Longo team is the most overrated camp in MMA, all of their fighters don't seem to get any better over time (Weidman, Sterling, Villante). So it's no surprise that he's sparring with a flat footed 250 lb guy to prepare for a fleet footed Welterweight.

I think Kevin will finish Weidman in similar fashion to Tim Kennedy.

Weidman seems* to be focusing on strength more than speed and stamina. I would have expected to see him do cardio and speed drills instead of rolling with Stipe. (Nothing wrong with that)

He just has no fire in his eyes.. I can't describe it but it seems he is just going through the motions and not fully present. ( stuck in his head)

I have enough knowledge to know that he's fought the best of the best in his division. Maybe, just maybe Chris is not top 5 at MW, but bottom 5 in the top 10.
Yeah and doing dumb shit has cost him in every fight, and the preparation for Kelvin is no exception, as this video shows.

Chris slowly turning into Dan Quinn...

Vid has been timestamped to the Stipe bit

Looks like Weidman needs pack his bags for Bellator already, and get his Mousasi rematch.

Just a note, the Serra-Longo team is the most overrated camp in MMA, all of their fighters don't seem to get any better over time (Weidman, Sterling, Villante). So it's no surprise that he's sparring with a flat footed 250 lb guy to prepare for a fleet footed Welterweight.

That looks like some serious sparring...

But Stipe's hard hitting, one shot kill style is nothing like Gastelum's technical volume punching...

Before the kill shot tear he's been on, people usually defined Stipe as a volume puncher, and a fairly technical one (at least compared to the vast majority of sloppy swinging heavyweights). It's just that lately his opponents haven't been able to stick around for more volume...

But Stipe's probably there not for any cunning strategic reason, rather because he's friends with Villante and Weidman and so he's happy to come and help out however he can. And for the photobombing opportunities, of course!

weidman's left eye is definitely different. kinda sunken in. time to retire chris.

Starting to sound ever so slightly punchy in that vid.

He was the one to dethrone Anderson and had three title defenses. His three losses have all at the very least been competitive plus it was against the very best at MW.

Denying his success is ridiculous. You can't win them all.

Weidman would be great in Bellator at this point. Bellator's MW division needs it too.

Kelvin has no business at 185. If Weidman can't finish him he should just think about hanging them up and calling it a career. Seriously. Kelvin is 5'9" for the love of god. The guy is Conor McGregor's height and fighting at 185. Weidman should fucking kill him.

Kelvin has looked fucking great at 185 wtf.

Against who? Tim Kennedy? Old man Vitor? Like I said, the guy is 5'9". I fully expect even half-Weidman to destroy him.

Back