Weidman training with Stipe to prepare for Gastelum? Wtf?

Lukerocksalt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Vid has been timestamped to the Stipe bit

Looks like Weidman needs pack his bags for Bellator already, and get his Mousasi rematch.

Just a note, the Serra-Longo team is the most overrated camp in MMA, all of their fighters don't seem to get any better over time (Weidman, Sterling, Villante). So it's no surprise that he's sparring with a flat footed 250 lb guy to prepare for a fleet footed Welterweight.

Has Weidman's left eye always looked like that?

Training with the Great Firefighter can never be anything but a boon.

Do you seriously expect EVERY training partner of a fighter with a fight booked to be the exact same size/style as their opponent?

Training with the Great Firefighter can never be anything but a boon.

Do you seriously expect EVERY training partner of a fighter with a fight booked to be the exact same size/style as their opponent?
Uh yeah, that's what any smart coach does - bring in sparring partners that resemble/mimic your opponent. These rookie mistakes are why the Serra Longo camp is shit - their corner advice/preparation sucks and Weidman has only gotten worse over time.

Jackson-Wink, Tristar, ATT, any of the elite camps bring in specific partners for their fighters.

Man he's almost snapping that 5 year olds spine.
Kids looking at him like wtf are you doing

tumblr_ogvc99ZizK1u752o2o1_500.jpg

Uh yeah, and these rookie mistakes are why the Serra Longo camp is shit - their corner advice/preparation sucks and Weidman has only gotten worse over time.
So do you think Luke stops training with Cain and Cormier whenever he fights a striker or... a non-HW/LHW?

But Stipe's hard hitting, one shot kill style is nothing like Gastelum's technical volume punching...
Stipe's actually a very efficient & decorated/golden gloves champion/boxer just because he uses what's been working for him, doesn't mean he's limited.

Spelling of Chris to bellator, would he be the biggest name they've ever signed? Even with a 4 fight losing streak, that has to be huge. Rory's big in Canada, but hasn't resonated with the American audience like Chris has, imo.

Uh yeah, and these rookie mistakes are why the Serra Longo camp is shit - their corner advice/preparation sucks and Weidman has only gotten worse over time.
Well jeez champ, how many great fighters have you brought up from your gym? You seem to know so much, why aren't you coaching and producing fighters?

Well jeez champ, how many great fighters have you brought up from your gym? You seem to know so much, why aren't you coaching and producing fighters?
So take your own advice and stop talking about MMA period, because you're not a fighter yourself.

Spelling of Chris to bellator, would he be the biggest name they've ever signed? Even with a 4 fight losing streak, that has to be huge. Rory's big in Canada, but hasn't resonated with the American audience like Chris has, imo.
Fedor, Wand, Chael, Tito etc? Although they were farther removed from relevance lol.

So take your own advice and stop talking about MMA period, because you're not a fighter yourself.
I can talk about MMA because I'm a fan. I'm not under any illusions that I know how to train MMA fighters better than they do, you seem to be under the assumption that you can lol.

Fedor, Wand, Chael, Tito etc? Although they were farther removed from relevance lol.

I'm talking about in the current landscape, and relevant with fight fans at this time and age.

Back