Weidman the unluckiest fighter of all time?

Oh lord, not this mook starting another thread.... Weidman dethroned one of the 3 main GOATS (Jones, GSP, and Silva) because The Spider was showboating. I would call that the luckiest fighter ever. Silva handed him the belt on a silver platter.
silva wasn't showboating, he was trying to draw him into a standup fight because he knew he couldn't stop weidman's takedowns.

For me, Weidman is a special fighter. Not only because of the fact that he beat Silva after Silva was legit ducking him and only could fight him after coming off a lay off longer than a year, but I feel like he was a really great fighter, cocky yes, but talented yes as well, and had to fight in the toughest division possibly of all time.

Back a decade ago, the toughest division in the UFC was LW, WW and LHW, with LHW the toughest of them all, and Jon Jones cleaned house eventually.

On the other hand, the weakest division of all time was the middleweight division, without a single doubt if you were around you'd know, but now I argue that it is the strongest.

Weidman got a heart, he's got a chin, and he literally takes down everyone, a high level wrestlers, like GSP and Jon Jones do, and on top of that because he trains with Serras, he has a high level Jujuitsu as well and he can also throw hands.

I thought he was going to have a real succesful career, but I really think it was really unfortunate for him to have been competiting in the middle weight division that he did, on top of all those injuries that he had.

He lost to mousasi, Romero and Rockhold recent years, and He was winning Rockhold fight before he threw that fateful kick, was winning Romero fight, and was an even fight with Mousasi before the ref stoppage due to whatever rule confusion that he had, and all three guys listed above in my opinion would have wiped the floor with Anderson Silva prime for prime, dick pill or no dick pill.

I mean, I don't think he's the most likable personality out there, I am not really a fan of the guy, I find it hard to become a fan of new fighters really, but I really think in terms of talents and fighting skills, Weidman is really one of the best but just didn't translate to prolonged success.

Weidman is very unlucky. He's virtually undefeated. He just had 3 really crazy situations happen.

Nah. He was overrated and was exposed. TRTless Vitor and fireless Dragon Machida don't count. Silva was a fluke. Right place, right time .

For me, Weidman is a special fighter. Not only because of the fact that he beat Silva after Silva was legit ducking him and only could fight him after coming off a lay off longer than a year, but I feel like he was a really great fighter, cocky yes, but talented yes as well, and had to fight in the toughest division possibly of all time.

Back a decade ago, the toughest division in the UFC was LW, WW and LHW, with LHW the toughest of them all, and Jon Jones cleaned house eventually.

On the other hand, the weakest division of all time was the middleweight division, without a single doubt if you were around you'd know, but now I argue that it is the strongest.

Weidman got a heart, he's got a chin, and he literally takes down everyone, a high level wrestlers, like GSP and Jon Jones do, and on top of that because he trains with Serras, he has a high level Jujuitsu as well and he can also throw hands.

I thought he was going to have a real succesful career, but I really think it was really unfortunate for him to have been competiting in the middle weight division that he did, on top of all those injuries that he had.

He lost to mousasi, Romero and Rockhold recent years, and He was winning Rockhold fight before he threw that fateful kick, was winning Romero fight, and was an even fight with Mousasi before the ref stoppage due to whatever rule confusion that he had, and all three guys listed above in my opinion would have wiped the floor with Anderson Silva prime for prime, dick pill or no dick pill.

I mean, I don't think he's the most likable personality out there, I am not really a fan of the guy, I find it hard to become a fan of new fighters really, but I really think in terms of talents and fighting skills, Weidman is really one of the best but just didn't translate to prolonged success.
Longest love letter ever.

I do recall him doing quite well against Romero until that knee.

As for the Rockhold fight, I was pretty drunk for that one (I don't typically drink) and never got around to rewatch it!

le one and le only

giphy.gif
See LB, I think Creepy lost the stomach for fighting once he realized how much it really takes. SURELY that epic run of injuries, sicknesses, and other excuses that I can't even remember at the moment HAD to be some ducking. It is even more than I remember seeing it on paper too.

I think the former "rich Cali bully"(how can that even be a real thing?lol), wants to be perceived as chronically unlucky. We saw how many fights he took after getting out of his UFC contract. He was already done IMO.

Stopped reading after you said that Silva ducked Weidman. The Chris was considered a prospect until he viciously KO'd Munoz. His next fight after Munoz was the title shot versus Silva. Not sure where the ducking happened.

Last edited:
i am not a fan cuz i hate his whole guido team
but
he was a very legit champ, A fighter
i suppose he was lucky to fight the older version of silva and lyoto
its too bad we never got to see him smash bisping

Back