Weidman: I'm not fighting a superhero

They are Similiar in height not size.

Could Forrest make 185?

I know, look at how thick Forrest is.

forrest-griffin-9.jpg

Yeah due to the style match.

Also probably many didn't know who Shogun was.

You should bump the 2006 threads where many posters claimed "Franklin will ragdoll Silva because he's a big MW" or "Franklin is too technical on the feet to get tagged the way Leben did"

And actually they knew what Shogun was going through. Many people thought he was DONE. He had a huge layoff after being whooped by Forrest and looked like crap against Mark Coleman! Why do you think even after he KO'd Chuck he was still a huge underdog to Machida. People thought the Pride Shogun was dead and they had all the reason to believe so after his performance against Coleman

They actually do mean something because it contradicts your attempt to revise history and act as though everyone thought the Forrest and Franklin fights was a gimme for Silva.

Also the main reason why Chuck was favored over Shogun because he looked like shit against Mark fucking Coleman! Anyone in the LHW top ten would have been favored over Shogun that night

Don't talk shit about Coleman, little man!

Weidman isn't wrong. I imagine it's not easy to step into the cage and see Anderson fucking Silva standing across from you. It would be a weird mix of awe and envy with a big dollop of scared-shitless mixed in.

But he's right. You have to look at him as just another guy that you need to put a whoopin' on.

Probably not, some are good at cutting weight though. even in width, Anderson looked just as big as Forrest.

Forrest is all muscle and little to no fat at 205.

Anderson is bloated muscle with tons of excess fat.

Anderson gets to 198 before cutting water to make MW and was recorded as low as 193 before his cut before he fought Demian Maia.

Mass and weight wise he is much smaller than Forrest

Forrest is all muscle and little to no fat at 205.

Anderson is bloated muscle with tons of excess fat.

Anderson gets to 198 before cutting water to make MW and was recorded as low as 193 before his cut before he fought Demian Maia.

Mass and weight wise he is much smaller than Forrest

Thank you for actually being able to look at Anderson's size rationally

One inch punch? I thought he finished him with a back peddling touch o' teh jab?

Who the fuck posted that?
lol what nonsense

Edit:
Oh wow, it's from the article.
lol MMA Journalism

Anderson used Ali's anchor punch

He got flying heel hooked 9 years ago.

NINE FRIGGIN YEARS.

The Takase loss you should be worried about, due the match up this could end up like that fight. Weidman a strong wrestler with submission. Though if Anderson gets beat it won;t be too bad, Weidman is top 3, Takase was 4-7 at the time and not top 20 :)

You people are so fucking crazy.

He's booked against the number 1 fighter, the UFC wants him to talk, hence why they have him set up for interviews.

Is he supposed to go in there and say "This guy is going to kick my ass"

No, he's gonna tell you his is gonna win, because he's a fighter and that's his plan.

Then you fools come back with "This guy is delusional"

The dude wouldn't have signed the fucking contract or started a fighting career if he didn't think he could fight and win.

Half you neckbeard posters are delusional.

Rant over.

I'm looking forward to the fight, I'm going with Anderson but I'm not counting out Weidman's skillset, should be a good one.

Who the fuck posted that?
lol what nonsense

Edit:
Oh wow, it's from the article.
lol MMA Journalism

Anderson used Ali's anchor punch

MMAJunkie's articles are even worse. They write every article like it's a story and they end them all with rhetorical questions or metaphors

MMAJunkie's articles are even worse. They write every article like it's a story and they end them all with rhetorical questions or metaphors

This guy's from MMAJunkie.

I'm a former shitty MMAJournalist and even I have to call bullshit

The Takase loss you should be worried about, due the match up this could end up like that fight. Weidman a strong wrestler with submission. Though if Anderson gets beat it won;t be too bad, Weidman is top 3, Takase was 4-7 at the time and not top 20 :)

lol... Guy with Hendo avatar still salty...

Takase loss is 100% irrelevant, as is the Chonan loss. 9-10 years ago... both losses before Anderson was a black belt. It's clear that Anderson's sub defense has improved leaps and bounds... I'm not saying Weidman couldn't pull it off, anything's possible... but there's nothing from the Takase or Chonan fight that would allude to that.

Believe it or not, fighters DO evolve... crazy, I know.

Ok Weidman we get it Anderson is not invincible, you're gonna kick his ass, blah blah blah.

Weidman has been very disrespectful towards Anderson.

The difference between Chris and Chael is that Chael knows he's trolling the Earth.

Weidman really believes that he's just going to walk through Anderson and it's just going to be another day.

To me, that's one of the most legitimate forms of disrespect.

Ok, there's been a lot of stupid shit said in this thread so far but this one trumps them all. Congratulations.

Back