Weidman has the GOAT strength of schedule...

What anger at Weidman? I am saying that Yoel is up there as he fought diverse array of high caliber opponents that were in a great shape coming into the fights. Besides, taking lists is quite unfair, as there are plenty of fighters that take what is offered for them and don't turn down fights. It becomes awfully circumstantial as we know how long Weidman sits around inbetween fights, so then going 1-3 with a win over Gastelum, while Gastelum continues to fight and move up in ranks, inflates his position and he ends fighting in the top5 again. If he loses to Rockhold, loses to some other top5 opponent, then looking at that list, was it really necessary to have him there getting beat up?
My bad, I thought you were saying him when you were talking "golden boy."

And you mean top 5 is unfair due to inactivity? Nature of the game I guess, injuries suck. We'll see after the Rockhold fight. Only downside is I was hoping one would test the waters in the dead zone known as LHW since both have said their cut is a rough one. Seems like perfect timing to jump up. Oh well.

Hendo had two stretches that were pretty insane.

06-10
Vitor, Wanderlei, Rampage, Silva, Palhares, Franklin, Bisping, Shields, Sobral

11-15
Fedor, Shogun, Machida, Evans, Vitor, Shogun, DC, Mousasi, Boetsch (he then went Vitor, Lombard, Bisping to finish his career)
Yeap was going to post the fedor to moose run for Henderson that is nuts lmao.

Big, strong, skilled, not very smart but functional. Yet not nearly as invincible as a lot of people thought (or still think) he was. He sometimes makes some weird ass decisions in his fights though

Hendo probably has the best but there a lot of good ones...Jones, Sonnen, Shogun, Big Nog, Wandy, and Edgar have some really good streaks.

Considering Saku consistently being at a size disadvantage he's a pretty good choice as well, for instance:

Wandy, Rampage, Wandy, Crocop, Arsene, Schembri, Wandy, Randleman, Lil Nog.

I feel ya but, Hendricks had lost 2 of his last 3 fights at the time (thanks USADA) he was simply a punching bag at 185, Tim Kennedy hadn’t fought in over 2 years at the time and his last fight was the KO to Romero. Vitor.... cmon lol. After his TRT was pulled (before the Weidman fight) he was unable to compete at an elite level. He lost 3 of his last 4 fights by KO prior to the Kelvin fight and Bisping had just come off a tough fight against GSP not even 30 days prior.

So, Kelvins strength of schedule was weaker than one would expect when you analyze it. Never said this wasn’t a good win for Chris, but they will run it back in the future.

How widespread is this about Gas? It is insanity to me. If you look at his last 5 fights BESIDES the loss to Chris: the guy beat Hendricks at 170, retired Kennedy, KOd Vitor, KOd Bisping, and beat Jacare. Now getting a title shot. You're gonna be DAMN hard pressed to say he is not a top 10 talent in the middle of all of that (meaning when he lost to Chris).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back