Weidman has faced 9 out of 11 southpaws in his UFC career

<mma4>

In hindsight it's still somewhat surprising that he had so much trouble with Rockhold's check hook.
None of the other southpaws actually used a check hook usually, I can only remember of Tom Lawlor using it.

This is one of the most important key factors going into this fight. Weidman is going to look a lot different fighting a fellow orthodox.

Sherdoggers are the stupidest bunch of people can't even break a fight down but when I make a thread about Dan Bilzerian you all flock to spew all that bullshit about how much you hate him with 100+ replies.

Pathetic

No he trained there a bit after he was a champ but he wasn't a regular MFS fighter, He started out in meqat truck inc then him and Gurgel had their own gym.

You know Joe, Rich Franklin actually trained to be a south paw even though he's right handed.
Cotto is lefthanded and trained himself to be orthodox. Thats why his jab and lead hook were so great.

I was thinking about this the other day. He hasn't faced an orthodox fighter since 2012 (Munoz).

Wonder if it will disturb him, because Moose is gonna try to jab him all night.

You know Joe, Rich Franklin actually trained to be a south paw even though he's right handed.

I beleive Rich said this in an interview as well. If I remember right, he said he thought it gave him a tactical advantage to train as a southpaw rather than orthodox. I tend to beleive that because Rich was a pretty intelligent foghter who at one point was 22-1 with the MW title around his waist with 2 defenses.

When I was in college my boxing coach told me a lot of Cuban boxers who were naturally right handed were trained to fight southpaw.

The reason being that the jab is the most important punch and people generally have better power and accuracy with their dominant hand.

Back