Weidman has been taking alot of damage lately

Everyone is saying he's back after this last fight but I seriously think these have all taken a hard toll and he's still on his downslope (Kelvin is not the level of those other 3 guys so to me that win says little). One more knockout or serious injury and he needs to seriously think about retirement

Before the Gastelum fight: weidman is going to get ko'd...Gastelum is on another level...gastelum is the future champ... Gastelum's stand up is too good and his tdd is too good.

After the fight...Weidman beat a ww...Let the excuses flow forth....

its weird how weidman went from wanting to fight jon jones to everyone expecting him to get KTFO in all matches.

Getting stunned by Kelvin certainly didn't look good.

Kind of strange how quickly Weidman went from elite prospect, total upset champion, to shop-worn fighter in a span of only about 5 years.
It mostly outlines the stupidity of this place.

He is one of the best MWs in the world and barely took any damage in his last fight.

Perhaps Rockhold needs to consider retirement after all that damage he has taken as well, not to mention it's well known that the idiots in his camp spar to the point of injuring themselves multiple times per year.

I think Luke Rockhold may want to consider retirement

teh chris will get pummeled again before he wins the belt.

Poor Weidman

$

$

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Before the Gastelum fight: weidman is going to get ko'd...Gastelum is on another level...gastelum is the future champ... Gastelum's stand up is too good and his tdd is too good.

After the fight...Weidman beat a ww...Let the excuses flow forth....
Idk who your quoting with those excuses but I can promise you it's not me. I actually picked Weidman to win before the fight also but with a decision win by out-striking (didn't see the sub coming). Gastelum can't make weight half the time and thus only recently moved up to this weight class. Despite that adjustment he's still a pretty raw talent and hasn't shown much of any solidification of his fighting style. I actually do think he has the potential to be a top 3 guy eventually but he's about a year and a half out from reaching that potential so yes...........the credit for this win is very limited

Weidman will be TKOd again within his next 2 fights.

The UFC should have given him some easier fights in there, he's been fighting very dangerous dudes. The toughest guy the now paper champion has fought coming off of a loss is Brian Stann, but the Chris got Romero-Mousasi-Gastelum.

weid gets hit too much nowadays, hes past his prime

He can retire after Bisping beats his ass.

Too much hate for Chris on here.

He's gonna be the champ again.

Eh I dont know if id agree with that asssesment. You gotta look at his record in context. Rockhold beating was bad for sure, but he never went out. Romero knee: brutal as well, but still he somehow remarkably never went out. Mousasi fight was ruled a TKO but he honestly didnt take that much damage in that fight, it was just a ref fuckup.

Outside of those 3 losses hes only been dropped by Kelvin and had one dogfight with Machida. He basically dominated all of his other opponents so I'd say over the course of his career he hasnt really taken much damage, its just that most of the damage he has taken was within a relatively short period.

Back