Weidman has been taking alot of damage lately

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
He honestly should be worried about his health. The guy has always been known to have a good chin, but we finally have seen him get dropped against kelvin. Then look at his prior fights.

The rockhold beating was very bad, stopped too late , rockhold seriously wrecked him he took ALOT of punishment in that ground and pound.
a7e4ce53edafff85a7c34a2afc82a3ed

Then in the yoel fight, takes one of the hardest shots ive ever seen a dude take in the octagon.
chris-weidman-ufc-2051.jpg

Moose fight wasnt as bad but he did get kneed in the head.
123456789.png

Then in the kelvin fight gets dropped badly by a hard ass left, could have taken more damage if round didnt end.
117_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg

Weidmans chin could be cracking and he should really reevaluate things the guy could end up getting serious health problems.

Everyone is saying he's back after this last fight but I seriously think these have all taken a hard toll and he's still on his downslope (Kelvin is not the level of those other 3 guys so to me that win says little). One more knockout or serious injury and he needs to seriously think about retirement

Weidman better be worried about that CTE. It doesn't even matter how well he takes a punch and keeps on going.

Pretty sure he's had both knees and his neck worked on as well. Dude has a lot of miles on him for 17 total fights.

you said finally gets dropped, but doesn't getting KTFO by Yoel count as getting dropped?

Kind of strange how quickly Weidman went from elite prospect, total upset champion, to shop-worn fighter in a span of only about 5 years.

It's not surprising. I think he's taking more damage due to the fact that he has the energy level/cardio of Phil Baroni these days. The guy is afraid to expend his cardio so he holds back. His striking output has dropped so much it isn't even funny anymore.

He's one step away from being Vitor Belfort at this rate.

Kind of strange how quickly Weidman went from elite prospect, total upset champion, to shop-worn fighter in a span of only about 5 years.

MMA is a hell of a sport
<Goldie11>

it's almost if...... something happened

you said finally gets dropped, but doesn't getting KTFO by Yoel count as getting dropped?
Chris said in the post fight interview that was the first time he'd been dropped.

In another post fight interview he said he put asterix on his three previous losses (all TKOs, lol) and said he was the best in the world and everybody knows it.
The guy is next level delusional.

It's not surprising. I think he's taking more damage due to the fact that he has the energy level/cardio of Phil Baroni these days. The guy is afraid to expend his cardio so he holds back. His striking output has dropped so much it isn't even funny anymore.

He's one step away from being Vitor Belfort at this rate.
Did you watch his last fight? He had absolutely no cardio issue even in the third. Obviously did before but you should recognize the improvement.

He's only got 17 fights and hasn't even been fighting for 10 years. He's fine.

Worry about guys like Overeem who've been fighting for 20 years.

Did you watch his last fight? He had absolutely no cardio issue even in the third. Obviously did before but recognize the improvement.
He was breathing heavily out of his mouth by the end of R1. He has cardio issues. Sadly, so they're no worse than Kelvin "The Chubby Welterweight".

He's had at least 4 concussions in the last 18 months and his speech is noticeably affected already. He should be concerned.

I think he is fine and looked great against Gastelum after getting dropped. Seems like he needed that to get going. Would love to see him against Jacare next. #STILLMYBOY #THECHRIS !!!

This. Plus he is not fuckin stupid and neither are his coaches. The fact that he has been willing to pull out of fights due health issues and injuries should tell you he is smart enough to not put himself,his career and livelihood in serious risk and is getting regular check ups.

He was breathing heavily out of his mouth by the end of R1. He has cardio issues. Sadly, so they're no worse than Kelvin "The Chubby Welterweight".
He was breathing heavily? He was in a fight. What I mean is, he had no signs of slowing down and kept going,you can't say that about for instance, the Rockhold fight.

That chubby guy beat Kennedy because of his cardio lol

yes, but in his last 4 fights he ate a lot of damage.
Overeem has been a glasscannon since forever, i doubt he even cares anymore

Back