Weidman’s Spinning Wheelkick against Rockhold was so ridiculous there are no adequate words for it

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seriously. This shit is so legendary. Close ass back and forth fight. Then Weidman decides that he is Anderson Silva and throws quite possibly the slowest spinning attack in the history of combat sports and as a result gets taken down and smashed for like 4 minutes straight and loses his title.

Only Weidman Day

1:28

Was surprised at how bad Weidman was off his back. Couldn't scramble at all out of that takedown despite his wrestling.

was definitely a "why the fuck did he just throw that?" moment

Seriously. This shit is so legendary. Close ass back and forth fight. Then Weidman decides that he is Anderson Silva and throws quite possibly the slowest spinning attack in the history of combat sports and as a result gets taken down and smashed for like 4 minutes straight and loses his title.

Only Weidman Day

1:28

No.

His lack of a guard, lack of hip movement, and absolutely nothing from his back, was even more ridiculous.

Weidmans going to win the rematch though.

Big Rockhold fan through his wins and losses, but I think you might be right. Gameplan is alot more clear and Luke's chin isn't getting any stronger.

I hope Luke wins though.

As i said in a previous thread

Weidman day vs rocksalt should be awesome. The combined level of delusion in the octagon at one time will be unprecedented

That kick derailed his career. He was undefeated and had a tremendous, almost unbreakable self belief, that got him out of some tough spots in his early fights. He was the only fighter that wasn’t intimidated by Anderson.

He was eating a lot of kicks against Luke and it looked like he can’t compete on the feet until he started landing his own kicks, and Luke started to flinch and back away. He had all the momentum in that fight. And then he threw the kick, got smashed, lost the “i’m unbeatable” confidence, and went on to lose the next two while looking worse and worse every fight.

only ridiculous when it doesn't work

3f2b149aa7b7d815d35f6ee405e040ff.gif

Back