Weak jab?

Thanks guys. Every single thing makes perfect sense that you're saying. I am tense and maybe I am expecting too much, too quickly. Assuming this is just poor form, I'm happy with that and will continue grinding it out until it gets better.
honestly, if you're being taught properly, which you are probably not, you're shoulder shouldn't really even be that important. You're jab should have your whole body behind it, that's how i was taught at FIRST. After that I started using different types of jabs but as a beginner, you should be taught in such a way that you are almost pushing your opponent with your left, stepping in with it, really not even putting much power into it anyway. Of course there are other ways to throw it but personally, i still always go back to my basics and that is just a stepping in with your left hand and letting your body do a lot/most of the work.

OR..... you could probably have a winged scapula (boxers muscle) and because of that fatigue faster than you should, and at the point of impact there's 2 much recoil for you shoulders and serratus to overcome.

Back