We need to come to terms with brain damage

I figure they all have to be a little brain damaged already just to do what they do.

Every man is responsible for his own destiny. Chan believed this, why cant you?

ffaa98b01ba9ad1075763b74b3a11ff8.jpg
i think thats raiden right? from the first MK movie?

MORTAL KOMBAT!

As a retired competitive kickboxer and a neuroscientist, I agree because I know there is more to full-contact sports than just a pro and con list of health outcomes. I, myself, will probably never enter a ring again because I don't have the desire to do so, because of the health effects and how important I deem them to be.

Fighting, professionally, as an amateur, in the streets, one against one or in a group against another group, is often a very cathartic experience. As long as there are clearly defined agreed upon boundaries, I would never want to deprive another person of the experience or the freedom of partaking in a fair fight., even if there is a change of brain damage or even death.

HAIL!

8rWSPVW.gif

As a retired competitive kickboxer and a neuroscientist, I agree because I know there is more to full-contact sports than just a pro and con list of health outcomes. I, myself, will probably never enter a ring again because I don't have the desire to do so, because of the health effects and how important I deem them to be.

Fighting, professionally, as an amateur, in the streets, one against one or in a group against another group, is often a very cathartic experience. As long as there are clearly defined agreed upon boundaries, I would never want to deprive another person of the experience or the freedom of partaking in a fair fight., even if there is a change of brain damage or even death.
I feel the same way. I'm in pharmacy school, so while I don't know nearly as much as you about the brain, I know enough science to know how fighting can destroy the body. Yet, I have such a burning desire to get in the cage at least and leave it all on the life. Win or lose, I just need to get the feeling.

I'm sure most men feel this way on the inside, at least a bit.

I feel the same way. I'm in pharmacy school, so while I don't know nearly as much as you about the brain, I know enough science to know how fighting can destroy the body. Yet, I have such a burning desire to get in the cage at least and leave it all on the life. Win or lose, I just need to get the feeling.

I'm sure most men feel this way on the inside, at least a bit.
I agree 100%. I think that about every society that has ever existed has viewed combat, whether it was on the battlefield or in an athletic manner, as something positive and the ones who partake as examples. I know that our societies nowadays dictate that violence is never the answer, but the fact is that men all over the world seek to engage in combat in one way or the other. That can be in the ring or cage, which has my preference, or the bloke who looks for a fight in a club or bar. Hell, in Europe you have groups of football hooligans meeting each other in fields and forests to have a fight.

All the health arguments in the world are nothing compared to this innate drive that, it seems, almost all men have to test themselves against other men. Even the timid office clerk, who is viewed as the least aggro person in any room ever, likes to kick the legs from under his direct opponent in his Sunday morning football match once in a while. Who are we to deny that this drive exist. Let's just make sure people can satisfy it in way that is as safe as possible.

You need to learn-good talking-mister dummy—! Fucking Russian troll bots learn good talking plus plus Better - mister make sure pity . , .

BTW I wasn’t previously shitting on your verbiage (choice of words as opposed to writing gibberish) or punctuation (proper usage of punctuation marks as opposed to WRITING GIBBERISH).
Didn't I ask you not to retort (I didn't read a word you typed- hand to God-)
Esoteric, it's not.
Let's leave at that .Also, let me give you some advice...just be cause you own something that says " you're supposed " to be an expert at something doesn't make it so(Not saying that you're not).My uncle took his life over this very same topic and it was because doctors (who s IQ seem to be dropping like jumping off a cliff) stopped giving him the only thing that gave him some sort of relief.Hes not a drug attic and was always agsinst narcotics until he started to wake up feeling like his head was ready to pop off.Ive already said too much and really nobody's business .Pleaae- I respect your accomplishments in life but don't respond .Thered be no reason for it cause I wont read and unlike this time, I won't respond.
Good luck.

Didn't I ask you not to retort (I didn't read a word you typed- hand to God-)
Esoteric, it's not.
Let's leave at that .Also, let me give you some advice...just be cause you own something that says " you're supposed " to be an expert at something doesn't make it so(Not saying that you're not).My uncle took his life over this very same topic and it was because doctors (who s IQ seem to be dropping like jumping off a cliff) stopped giving him the only thing that gave him some sort of relief.Hes not a drug attic and was always agsinst narcotics until he started to wake up feeling like his head was ready to pop off.Ive already said too much and really nobody's business .Pleaae- I respect your accomplishments in life but don't respond .Thered be no reason for it cause I wont read and unlike this time, I won't respond.
Good luck.

Dude, go learn yourself. Is English your first language?

PS Years of study, experience and peer acknowledgement means I know something. Go on and breeze through life thinking that is the opposite.

I thought this thread was going to be about who voted conor Diaz the best fight ever.

Back