We need a legends league

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
or also known as a:

"Too old for this s*** league"

Let's face it, it's tough seeing a legend like Shogun go out like that (especially considering he is a shell of his former soccer-kicking-PrideFC-tournament-self or even the man who won the UFC belt) but that's the name of the game; this is a young man's sport and legends need to have their own separate 'too old for this ****' league where they can be respected in a competitive setting.

• Rule #1: If you are going to get your ass kicked, then it might as well be by another legend.
  • Rule #2: If one legend is injured then it can be replaced by a veteran of the sport, just as long as he fulfills the necessary requirement of being 'too old for this ****' and having some good wins on his record.
  • Rule #3: Belts? What belts? Ain't nobody got time for that, literally.
But let us remember what made Shogun a freaking legend of the sport:

No, we need old fighters to retire while they can still talk.

No, we dont. No one wants to watch the likes of post USADA fighters like Rua and Vitor gassing after 1 rd.

Yes

and just feed them noobs from the streets

UFC - CTE Edition.

Kimbo vs Dada 5000 made promoters shy about having dudes not at their physical peak duke it out for novelty...

I like the idea for nostalgic reasons, but if they're too old to fight, that's just the way it is... Can't be trying to cheat nature just to watch Wanderlei vs Rampage 4 in the UFC when Rizin would happily put it on anyway... Cheapens the actual contender fights because the legends who aren't fit to fight actual contenders would steal all the press and the money - it doesn't work from a number of angles.

I feel like splitting it up too much will just make it more thin. Old fighters can always just choose to fight each other

There already is a "legends league" it's called Bellator FC

We (you) need to stop living in the past.

All forms of misery stem from thoughts of the past and of the future.

Live

In

The

Moment

Punchy guys fighting punchy guys...? This might be exactly what the UFC needs, guaranteed finishes...lol
<36>

Legends league, eh? I think that's a great idea! Maybe someone like De La Hoya could make this sorta thing happen.o_O

Fuck em. The next batch need signature wins

I'm just going to delete my Bellator remark I was a bit slow.Maybe they should have an old persons forum too :D

This is why I now pay more attention to the undercard than the main cards now. Undercards have all the best young fighters while main cards are full of past their primers banking on memories of the past.

We don’t need to watch washed up guys, having shitty fights, giving themselves more CTE for peanuts.

What if the moment sucks, though?

That's precisely the point.

Meditation (in the truest sense) is about awareness.

If more people were simply AWARE, that would be a major step towards fixing their fucked up life.

That is, if said person has a fucked up life.

Sadly, the vast majority of people are not fulfilled...nor do they know of true happiness...

Life is unfair, (this cannot be disputed) but that very thing is why one has to be PRESENT...

...otherwise, life will pass you by.

Back