We may just have to red mist NK

I posted a thread about this and cited a really good article from the Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/the-worst-problem-on-earth/528717/

That's a really good piece and it essentially says living with a nuclear NK is the best of bad options. A preemptive strike will get hundreds of thousands, if not millions of South Koreans, Japanese and Americans killed. The piece lays out better than I can the rationale but basically KJU is crazy but also rational. He knows that an attack on America or any of it's allies means his regime will be wiped off the face of the planet and he'll end up being killed by a mob and shown on Youtube. So many experts believe his nuclear program is just a method of self preservation and that it is very unlikely that he would launch the first attack. That said, many experts also believe that he has lots of measures in place to launch counter attacks if he is attacked first. And that is just the beginning, we would have a humanitarian problem if we just wipe out the regime.

Seems to me the counter argument is that lost lives is worth the price of keeping NK from getting nuclear bombs and I'm sure as hell open to hearing those arguments but I've yet to hear a compelling one.
It's a good article, thanks.
And your reasoning is solid. But I'm going to ignore all of it and just say I'm bloodthirsty for war.

*grumbling*

It's a good article, thanks.
And your reasoning is solid. But I'm going to ignore all of it and just say I'm bloodthirsty for war.

*grumbling*
Hehe. I'm not even saying I'm right either, I'm just a scrub posting on sherdog and this is certainly not in my wheelhouse in terms of my education and interests. I just thought I'd share an article I found really compelling.

On the flip side should NK bomb LA, errr, I don't want to think about it.

Back