We have effectively crossed into the twilight zone.

Rod1

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
At least this is how i read this.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/24/cpac-trump-conservatives-republicans

The invasion of the body snatchers is complete. Donald Trump has taken over the conservative movement and bent it to his will.

“Do you remember I started running and people would say, ‘Are you sure he’s a conservative?’” an exultant US president asked the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Friday.

“I think now we’ve proved that I’m a conservative, right?”

Or perhaps more accurately, the conservatives gathered in the cavernous ballroom proved they are all Trumpians now. There were “Make America Great Again” caps, raucous chants of “Lock her up!” and “Build that wall!” and loud boos for the demons of the left. Old-school Republicans were thin on the ground, usurped by a crowd that included young and sometimes rowdy students.

Got to give props to Trump, he cucked the conservative movement like a boss.

The chicken have come home to roost.

It's pretty apparent and pathetic how the conservative movement is now totally dominated by paranoid, grievance filled, conspiracy theory loving, old men.

Do you have any original thoughts to add or did you just come here to post this poorly written editorial filled with preconceived ideas from a child?

Guardian, lmfao.

What exactly is so funny about the guardian ?

It's pretty apparent and pathetic how the conservative movement is now totally dominated by paranoid, grievance filled, conspiracy theory loving, old men.

They’ve turned into your annoying uncle who acts like a jack ass on thanksgiving.

Do you have any original thoughts to add or did you just come here to post this poorly written editorial filled with preconceived ideas from a child?

Guardian, lmfao.

<24>

I dont buy the idea that trump is reshaping the conservative movement as the traditional conservative gets guidance from family and church not government.

Trump is certainly in "control" of the conservative movement as its the best hand conservatives can play.

And they ended up getting the supreme court out of it.

That's a bit of stretch

Well, you're right in that I am probably reaching a bit but in a way it's true. The GOP's base is getting older and whiter and really odd and bizarre conspiracy theories seem to hold more and more sway with the rank and file. Also, to me it really says something that there are STILL "Lock her up" chants. It also goes to show that a large share of adults have not really fully developed cognitively and merely are stooges for their political "tribe" no matter what.

This turd and his brand of conservatism is getting flushed next year when democrats make landslide wins. No worries if you're on the other side of the pond.

Our system is the best in the world - survived 220+ years, civil war, and will easily survive Trump and his minions,

Last edited:
Well, you're right in that I am probably reaching a bit but in a way it's true. The GOP's base is getting older and whiter and really odd and bizarre conspiracy theories seem to hold more and more sway with the rank and file. Also, to me it really says something that there are STILL "Lock her up" chants. It also goes to show that a large share of adults have not really fully developed cognitively and merely are stooges for their political "tribe" no matter what.

Definitely. But that's both sides. Just different issues. Its all sickening.

People openly hate them and want to disarm them. Kind of like North Korea, but I don't think anyone has ever said Kim Jong has no reason to be paranoid.

This turd and his brand of conservatism is getting flushed next year when democrats make landslide wins. No worries if you're on the other side of the pond.

Our system is the best in the world - survived 220+ years, civil war, and will easily survive Trump and his minions,

Of course it will, American system is quite strong institutionally speaking.

It just seems bizarre.

lmao. The democrats put up hillary clinton for pres. Voting democrat means you're just giving up any ability to think critically. They haven't won shit since obama and that's not gonna change under schumer and pelosi. I get that some of you broke when Trump won, but what will it take for you to pull your heads out of your asses? Democrats gave up on ANY American over a decade ago. Vote Republican or vote for illegal aliens. I suppose you could also flush your vote down the toilet by voting third party, no loss.

Quite the opposite, the more lefties expose themselves as non-thinking dipshits, the better. Homer is doing more good for conservatives than a conservative ever could. Welcome to the party!

The article says Richard Spencer the White Supremacist, turned up but was booted. Rather hypocritic of CPAC, when Trump thinks a lot like Spencer and is given the stage.

Okay, mull that one over.

They booted Spencer. End of story. The rest is just spinning.

lmao. The democrats put up hillary clinton for pres. Voting democrat means you're just giving up any ability to think critically. They haven't won shit since obama and that's not gonna change under schumer and pelosi. I get that some of you broke when Trump won, but what will it take for you to pull your heads out of your asses? Democrats gave up on ANY American over a decade ago. Vote Republican or vote for illegal aliens. I suppose you could also flush your vote down the toilet by voting third party, no loss.

They also put up Bernie. Not judging his policies but there is certainly an element in the Democratic party that takes on critically thinking and is interested in changing the system.
I guess it depends how much influence that fraction will have in the future.

But the republican basically put up 10 version of their Bush. Plus Ben Carson, the Zodiac killer, and Trump.
But Trump mostly won due to his own abilities as a campaigner.

Back