We have already seen this fight before.....

BoomCannon

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Khabib vs Conor is going to go exactly like Khabib vs Barboza. Yes, conor has more power in his hands then Barboza but Barboza has better kicks then Conor. Its pretty much the same fight.

Actually Conor McGregor and Edson Barboza are two different people making this two different fights.

I hope this helps.

giphy.gif

Conor =/= Barboza
It's a 50/50 fight. I can see both fighters winning.

Barboza can end a fight with one strike, just like Conor can. When they can't land that strike, they both get desperate.

I can see where you're coming from.

Barboza hit Khabib flush with a body kick that sounded like a gunshot in round 1, which visibly pissed Khabib off and then came the onslaught

Fight isn't the same at all. Barboza actually has cardio. lol.

Mcgregor thrives on his opponents forward pressure, Barboza not so much.

Conor didn't have Proper Swill back then. Apples to oranges.

I love everyone's flaming TS like they are all striking coaches

The truth is I see this fight as an example of how it will go or at least shows tendencies

Khabib was RELENTLESS in that fight for a TD and Edson fought him off for what seemed like ages
But the little generic Russian fuck is like glue and once he finally got him
Fights over

Exactly how it will go with Conor imo

Khabib vs Conor is going to go exactly like Khabib vs Barboza. Yes, conor has more power in his hands then Barboza but Barboza has better kicks then Conor. Its pretty much the same fight.
<TrumpWrong1>

Is this why so many douchebags change accounts more often than a cher wardrobe change?

You guys get in so deep on stupid predictions and you can't deal with losing.

Bunch of pussys.

Edson can't fight going backwards
Kicks need more space
Conor is a far better fighter than Edson

Barboza hit Khabib flush with a body kick that sounded like a gunshot in round 1, which visibly pissed Khabib off and then came the onslaught

Once Conor lands flush, Khabib is gonna be visibly pissed off when he wakes up.

Lol..

Edson is world class now.. How many title runs has he had? Eddie wins The belt over RDA and somehow that has been twisted into Eddie sucking. But Edson he is world class. Hilarious.

Edson can't fight going backwards
Kicks need more space
Conor is a far better fighter than Edson

Conor Can hurt you very badly when you make a tiny little mistake. This is what is lost on a lot of people when it comes to this particular match up. Yes he can get taken down and beat up, we know this. But also he can crack you hard with very little space. He has shown this. You make a small technical error and he cracks you hard and usually hurts you. Very often a TKO is coming right after that. I don’t think people truly understand how great a striker he is.

Edson can only fight comfortably in his style when he comes forward and dictates distance. Take away that distance control like Kebab did and it's a bad night. Edson's hands and footwork are so much more amateur than his kicking game that it hurts to see it.

ConMac has two distinct advantages over Edson in this area, he has great hands, and can fight going forward or on the back foot. His lateral movement is also better along with his footwork in general.

I'd hardly call this the same fight. Edson is more threatening than Conor off his back if it goes to the mat that is certain...Unless the Irishman has developed a world class ground game...Which is about as likely as Kebab becoming K1 Kebab.

It's a far more dangerous fight standing for Khabib compared to when he fought Edson. It is also an easier venture once on the ground I think. Conor is just competent on the ground from what we have witnessed.

The first round will be the tale of the fight. You can't predict with 100% certainty that one will win over the other...If it wasn't for Conor having great hands/reflexes/timing/footwork...I'd say Khabib easy, but that is clearly not the case here.

Back