We could see the fall of Joanna Jedrzejczyk tonight

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
For the record I hope I am wrong .
This is the first fight Im hoping for a fun competitive decision finish for the sake of a fighters career and her longevity.

Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant flyweight title is an amazing opportunity for Joanna.
That being said, I feel as many of the masses including myself that Shevchenko is going to win this one. This is a woman who arguably beat the 135 pound champion Amanda Nunes and did GREAT against Holly Holm beating her convincingly. Having defeated Joanna few times before in their respective styles of Muay Thai kick boxing doesnt make me feel like this fight will be different. NOW whats changed?

What Joanna has on her side is the fact she is at her healthy, more natural weight class and with absolutely IMO one of the very best camps in AMERICAN TOP TEAM in her corner. STILL, that being said, Joanna can be hit, and the more we see her get hit she slows down. We seen Karolina rock her and for about 10 seconds Karolina was doing work until JJ recoverd and nothing much came of it.

We seen Andrade nail Joanna in the head which was really the only significant shot Jessica landed in that fight and that alone created the large hematoma on Jedrzejczyks forehead. Up until this point she is doing a great job as a champion, but every fighters time comes when things may change.

Then we see things we haven't seen before like Rose dropping Jedrzejczyk twice in a fight that Joanna was supposed to bullldoze through, then again dropped with a shot to the chin and Rose finished her. THE REMATCH with Rose Joanna was pieced up badly, wobbled 2 times (that I can remember).

NOW with all that widely well known information if Joanna gets knocked out badly and I believe she will. KO or TKO...Will we see fights like we see with other (MANY) fighters that are never the same after a knock out. Valentina is VICIOUS COUNTER STRIKER while Joanna is a well known pressure fighter and that is the custom made fighter for Shevchenko. A 135'er coming down to face a 115'er coming up. It can be bad. I hope it isnt.

Does anyone else agree with me when I say if Joanna loses by knockout, it could be the end of her being a contender in the future? where does that put her career wise? As well as her capability to take a shot?

Last edited:
It looks like Shevchenko will finish her

Long post so I'll just add my view in without reading.

I hope she takes this loss on the chin and finally accepts that she needs to go on a win streak before she can start making "greatest" and "champ" claims again because it's getting annoying... I was a fan at first but I hate the mentality of just needing to win this one next fight to be the goat. Every fight. Even with a lose streak.

I kinda hope she loses so that we can see a better version of her in the future.

It looks like Shevchenko will finish her
Where will JJ the Boogeywoman go from there?
Back to Straw weight or clean up a division of 125 pound TUF fighters ?

Honestly, I think she has already cemented herself as one of the best ever in WMMA, even if she loses tonight. Her run up til Rose was no joke.

Nah bullet never changes up her game I'm sure Mike Brown has got a good gameplan put in place for JJ in this fight.

Insecure Sherdoogs would love to see Joanna get ko'd.

Long post so I'll just add my view in without reading.

I hope she takes this loss on the chin and finally accepts that she needs to go on a win streak before she can start making "greatest" and "champ" claims again because it's getting annoying... I was a fan at first but I hate the mentality of just needing to win this one next fight to be the goat. Every fight. Even with a lose streak.

I kinda hope she loses so that we can see a better version of her in the future.
Well in short, JJ is starting to be dropped, and Rose is small for 115, so if Valentina KO's her badly I am wondering if Joanna will be able to take a shot again or will she be the next great Anderson Silva that still can go unless touched on the jaw.

she needs more D or we might see this :(

Abbott-Nelmark-2.gif~c200

Nah bullet never changes up her game I'm sure Mike Brown has got a good gameplan put in place for JJ in this fight.
Yeah I just hope we dont see her go stiff ....

Then again I wonder how many Sherdog/fans in general would love to see that?

Losing tonight won’t do anything to hurt her. A few basement dwellers might get a kick out of it because they have nothing in there own life going on, but no one else will care... a win would be huge though and probably put her over Ronda as the GOAT clean wmma fighter

Last edited:
I thought we saw the fall of Joanna when Rose KTFO her in 1 round lol
In terms of like Anderson Silva being amazing ...like Joanna was/is

Then after being knocked out went on to lose 4/5 I think because he chin was gone?

Joanna fell when she tapped to strikes against a woman she openly bullied, and mocked as 'weak' for having mental health issues.

Joanna stayed down when she lost again cleanly in the rematch, proving that it was no lucky punch that beat her.

Joanna is now going to a different division, which has less than 5 fighters on the roster... because she's got no options at her own division.

We have already seen Joanna fall. Today, we may see the END of Joanna

Yeah I just hope we dont see her go stiff ....

Then again I wonder how many Sherdog/fans in general would love to see that?

nah her body would still be too warm i bet these freaks like to crack open a cold one
<Eek2.0>

She will do better at this weight. imo less drained.

Losing tonight won’t do anything to hurt her. A few basement dwellers might get a kick out of it because they have nothing in there own life going on, but no one else will care... a win would be huge though and probably put her over Ronda as goat clean wmma fighter
Thats not the point. She is already showing she cant take a shot to the jaw, she was dropped and wobbled in 2 fights by 115 pounders, if Shev knocks her senseless we may not see a very great Joanna going forward.

Plus Joanna would never be GOAT. Even with a win tonight.

Nunes has the better resume than Joanna still, and if she beats Cyborg there is no argument

I thought she already fell when Rose beat her twice and kept her delusions alive about being the best.

That being said, she's still a very good fighter but i think she will have a hard time beating shevchenko. Valentina looks like 5 pounds more muscular than her and she's very good.

It's either UD or TKO for Valentina.

Thats not the point. She is already showing she cant take a shot to the jaw, she was dropped and wobbled in 2 fights by 115 pounders, if Shev knocks her senseless we may not see a very great Joanna going forward.

i think it was more than 2 fights: the first with Gadelha, against Karolina, once with Rose and i think with Andrade but i might be wrong.

Back