We always have wanted to see Fedor vs Mir fight..

Said no one ever.

I mean, For me, Fedor is the greatest of all time, at least for last 12+ years, but who really wanted to see this fight really in their primes? I mean, it's selling the fight so I don't hold it against them, but the whole narrative about how this fight was in such a big demand amongst fans is really out of place.

Because we all know what would've happened in their primes, and who wants to see a fight where the outcome was as predictable as the ending of Rocky movies?

This might be nostalgia talking but..i remember wanting this fight years ago back when those pride /ufc cross over fights were happening..i wanted it then..i even wanted it twice..once pride rules and once in the ufc cage.. This is a huge HW legacy fight..two real legends who after a decade lock horns..in there primes it would of been unreal but now its intriguing to see whos craft has come the farthest..its like getting to watch two grandmasters battle..yes there old and past there primes but have a lifetime of knowledge and experience..vs in there primes they were still learning or not as complete yet..pretty cool from a pure martial art view point

Both past their primes, but this fight will stay play a big part in their legacies.

No, we actually don’t know what would have happened. That’s the reason they should have fought. Like the other top HWs during Fedor’s “reign” that he never fought. It’s why he shouldn’t be considered a GOAT.

He fought and beat most of the best heavyweights during his reign. Pride’s HW division was far superior to the UFC’s at the time.

He fought and beat most of the best heavyweights during his reign. Pride’s HW division was far superior to the UFC’s at the time.
and Pride's WW & MW champ was superior to Fedor, it's funny how life plays out

a big part? can you explain

I'm neutral when it comes to Fedor, but I've seen enough arguments for and against him on forums and in MMA media, that I can already envision this playing apart in his legacy to a large enough degree that it 'matters'.

If Fedor wins than Mir becomes the most recent UFC champion he's beaten, and one of the biggest names on his resume after Nogueria and Crocop. Plus because Mir was a relevant UFC fighter right when Fedor's supporters/haters were at their largest, there's seeds rooted, and a win would be making some sort of retroactive point that would be used to solidify Fedor's GOAT case going forward.

If Fedor loses to Mir though, especially by submission, a lot of fans will never let it go. You'll constantly hear how UFC's Mir went through all Prides best heavyweights, and how Fedor went 1-5 in Strikeforce/Bellator. While it wouldn't be as bad as losing to Sonnen, losing to Mir really isn't great either. He likes to boast about himself sometimes, and is very much tied into that whole Brock/Carwin/Couture era which always plays part in the Fedor discussion. To a lot of UFC fans who've considered how Fedor would do there, I think this bout will matter.

Last edited:
Obvious Fedor hater is obvious.

Fedor at his peak was the best ever, by far. Stop being mad about it.
mad about what? you're the "fanboy" that can't handle a joke about his hero.

mad <45> come on, who gets mad about an opinion on an MMA forum <Lmaoo>

mad about what? you're the "fanboy" that can't handle a joke about his hero.

mad <45> come on, who gets mad about an opinion on an MMA forum <Lmaoo>
Sigh. Because he lost to Hendo after his prime makes him overrated right?

Nothing to do with "hero". I've been watching MMA for over 15 years, Fedor was the best. Plenty of fighters agree.

Nothing to do with "hero". I've been watching MMA for over 15 years, Fedor was the best. Plenty of fighters agree.
I said Hendo was better, not Fedor was overrated. It's not like there's a long list of others that can make a case for being the best HW of all time, he's clearly head and shoulders above his nearest competitors in that regard.

Nothing to do with "hero". I've been watching MMA for over 15 years,
Fedor was the best. Plenty of fighters agree.
Best MMA fighter of all time regardless of weight class?

<DisgustingHHH>
Not a GSP fan at all but no way I would put Fedor ahead of him in the all time rankings.
I'm a huge GSP fan.

Do you remember when GSP (when he was at the top) was asked who the best fighter in the world was? He said Fedor. I will take his word over yours.

Fedor has ascended to Royce/Ken novelty act. It doesn't matter anymore who he fights.

I've always wanted to see the UFC's best vs the PRIDE's best back in the day. Mir vs Fedor would have fit the bill for that.

While MMAth is by no means a determinant of victory for any fighter, but it still is interesting that Mir was able to do what Fedor couldn't--finish both Big Nog and CroCop. And Mir was able to defeat Bigfoot Silva while Fedor couldn't.

And for equal time, Fedor was able to KO Arlovski in his prime while Mir lost a decision to a past his prime Arlovski.

Even out of their primes, I look forward to this match.

I've always wanted to see this fight. I never thought it would be in Bellator, but whatever.

a big part? can you explain

Think of it this way, Big Nog was on the best run of his career when Mir stomped him. Had Nog won that fight I'm sure we would have watched Fedor in the UFC cement his legacy as GOAT in the GOAT organization! Fucking Nog!

Back