We almost saw GGG lose to Jacobs because of his AGE

"Boxing purist" = knowing how the belts work. Wow standards are getting really low. Lol

Not to mention I know more about MMA and have done more MMA than boxing by far.

No its not. I have no idea what Danny weighed. Could of been anywhere from 171 to who knows whatever physically impossible weight people want to guess by watching TV. You make the contracted weight you are within the rules. If you want a rehydration clause you can add it to the contract.
There is no possible way to make sure 2 guys are the same exact size unless they fight on the scale. Rehydration is no different than height, reach, and any other personal attribute. Somebody could have a big advantage.
Whatever he weighed fight night was legal since he made weight at the official weigh-in but it sure looked like he did have a big size advantage. It's not a stretch to say he had 10 or 15 pounds on GGG.

Whatever he weighed fight night was legal since he made weight at the official weigh-in but it sure looked like he did have a big size advantage. It's not a stretch to say he had 10 or 15 pounds on GGG.
So what if he was the bigger guy?

10 -15 pounds is a big range. Just kind of proves how inaccurate the look test is. Looks can be very decieving with weight especially with taller lengthier fighters.
How much do you think GGG in ring size advantage was vs Brook?
Also, guess the size advantage wasnt the end all be all because he still lost on the cards.
I think all this talk takes away from the fact Danny put on a great performance right at GGG #1 ranked level.

daniel jacobs was by far ggg's best opponent.

age affects guys that arent on roids (or are on less roids). it doesnt affect science projects like the cuban olympians, because they are from scumbag commie countries with designer steroids gotten from russia's olympic doping program.

So GGG have no Russian comrade?

I must admit I didn't t realise GGG was that old, he needs to really chase some big money fights while he can.

Exactly. Usually there is a bigger guy. A taller guy. A wider guy. Or a guy with longer arms.
Cant always fight your clone or doppelganger. Have to draw the line somewhere.

GGG was having trouble with Jacobs southpaw movement.

It is very possible BJS can do that to him.

You must be joking.

BJS ducks everyone for a reason. He doesn't have the power to keep GGG honest like Jacobs did. He gets the Brook treatment easily from GGG or Jacobs or Lemieux or Canelo or the Charlos.

Nothing, that's why there's no need to act like we need empirical proof to know his exact weight. Having a weight advantage seems to have been part of the plan going in. It is what it is.

Exactly. Usually there is a bigger guy. A taller guy. A wider guy. Or a guy with longer arms.
I just find it ridiculous. Canelo was a coward when he fought Khan, yet Golovkin was taking on an "interesting challenge" in Brook. Then the first time we see Golovkin without his size advantage, the fight wasn't fair some how.

I just find it ridiculous. Canelo was a coward when he fought Khan, yet Golovkin was taking on an "interesting challenge" in Brook. Then the first time we see Golovkin without his size advantage, the fight wasn't fair some how.
I disagreed with you about that for a while. But yeah there is for sure a weird double standard with GGG fans. Some of the stuff just defies logic. I didnt see it until this fight was announced.

10 -15 pounds is a big range. Just kind of proves how inaccurate the look test is. Looks can be very decieving with weight especially with taller lengthier fighters.
How much do you think GGG in ring size advantage was vs Brook?
Also, guess the size advantage wasnt the end all be all because he still lost on the cards.
I think all this talk takes away from the fact Danny put on a great performance right at GGG #1 ranked level.
I don't think it takes anything away from his performance. He put on a great show. I just don't think we should act like he didn't have a size advantage because we don't have exact weights night of the fight.

I'd bet Danny was closer to 190 than to 170. We can't be certain what he weighed but if he didn't even bother weighing in then it's safe to say he knew beforehand he was over the limit. I understand we have the early weigh ins for safety issues but it does sort of make a mockery out of having weight classes.

jacobs gained 30 pounds?

it takes a very unique body to gain 30 pounds in roughly 36 hours and its not happening in boxing because of the 12 rounds.

i believe ufc fihgters gleason tibau and diego sanchez gained close to 30 pounds but that is extreme. 20 pounds is the high end in boxing and that would put danny at 180 which is probably what he weighed last night.

if danny jacobs can legally cut 20+ pounds and have a size advantage too bad for those that cant

My point is weight classes. When guys come in fight night in a different weight class.

I don't think it takes anything away from his performance. He put on a great show. I just don't think we should act like he didn't have a size advantage because we don't have exact weights night of the fight.
I dont think there is anybody denying a size advantage. That was known when the fight was announced. If he would of made 170 in the AM he still would of had a size advantage fight times.

Brook was an undefeated champion who tried to fight Khan for years. Khan was a chinless wonder who had been dodging decent fighters for years. The only thing they had in common was weight.

If Canelo had fought Brook I would have thought it was an interesting match. If GGG fought Khan I would have considered it a pathetic joke.

My point is weight classes. When guys come in fight night in a different weight class.
Im sure a majority if not all guys that fight at 160 are well over 2 weight classes bigger in the ring.
Heck even if they come in at 170 and dont gain wait the entire day. Thats already two weight class bigger.
I think I get what you're saying. But to me its no difference than a height or reach advantage. But actually could hurt you a lot more if you do cut too much.

Both guys walked into the ring heavier than the weight limit for the weight class above the one they were fighting in. That's boxing.

Back