We almost saw GGG lose to Jacobs because of his AGE | Page 6

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Queen B, Mar 19, 2017.

1. One MMA Fan Tear of Blood

One MMA Fan
    Even the commentators were saying at least 10 lbs difference.. at least.

And yea GGG was 170 that was public info.

I'm not trolling, you sure have a bone to pick with someone buddeh.

IBF one needed to be 170 lbs to be in play.. he clearly wanted the size advantage and to 'game' GGG but didn't work out for him, was a good fight overall he was well prepared and was close to pull it off.

Me thinks you some boxing elitist trying to flex some muscles.. eh whatever, cya cya.

2. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    There is a valid point you are making , the part of gaining size advantage, but from my understanding per RR Jacobs was about 6 lbs heavier than 170 and making wieght is a task for him

Also add if you need to rehydrate and get back your wieght for health reasons would you sacrifice that just for a belt he has no plans to actually defend ?

3. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE****

Shoemaker
    A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You
    Yeah, but they aren't anymore clairvoyant than you or me. I think you're giving too much credit to Lampley for having magic eyes.

Marc A likes this.
  4. WklySportsMemes Green Belt

WklySportsMemes
    You didnt understand that it was one belt / org. You stated as such Lmao now you want to pretend you knew.

I just think you're a trypical sherdog cornball. Cant admit when they are wrong and talks in recycled troll language and pics.
    The kind that ignores facts like there are a lot of other fighters who have and would of done the same thing to the IBF.
    You dont know what the word clearly means.

There is no point in you guessing the weights still when you can ask and get an answer from somebody on his team. Lol keep ignoring that one too.

5. WklySportsMemes Green Belt

WklySportsMemes
    Who needs scales? You can eye ball that stuff. Not like TV distorts things especially on giant wide screen modern TVs.

6. Yourstepdad Blue Belt

Yourstepdad
    Tbh it also has to do with the lack of defense GGG has had over the course of his career

He has an ironcast jaw, but a human being can only take so much. No one can afford hits to the coconut for 400 ish fights

No wonder he's starting to get slow

The bombs this dude has taken to the face without flinching...

randomg1t likes this.
  7. One MMA Fan Tear of Blood

One MMA Fan
    From my own eye test I think he had a lot more then 6 lbs on him in that ring.. my best guess is 12-14 lbs something like that... he was clearly the bigger man and if GGG was 170-171 then we just add the 12-14 pounds and we get to that initial speculation of 185 I made. (even the commentators were thinking 180+ at least 10 lbs extra).

Yea if at any point health reasons intervene then you scratch any 'plans' and ideas and you just get yourself alright first that should be the priority.

But from my understanding and from what I saw he tried to game him.. yea let's fight at the 160 agreed scale but we need to be 170 lbs on fight day to have the IBF belt (all the belts, whatever belts for that boxing purist guy that dies if I don't name them all or something) but he clearly had another plan and came in heavier from the start knowing what the deal is and just get as big as possible right after that agreed on 160 scale and forfeit the 170 lbs on fight day thing just so you can be as big as possible all the while GGG would be smaller cause he came in smaller expecting the 170 lbs fight day scale.

That's what I got from all of it.. why would you try to game him and half ass it and just be 6 lbs extra when you can go all in and be as bigger as possible the moment you won't make that 170 mark whats the point ? at least be as big as you can get.. that's why I think it was planned in advance to be the bigger guy and have the size on him... in reality I don't even care they made the agreed on 160 scale it's all good from my perspective they should have told GGG hey bro screw the 170 rule the next day just go all in to each his own, get as big as you can I'll be doing the same.

8. One MMA Fan Tear of Blood

One MMA Fan
    Not that really.. I just knew that GGG was around 170 so me seeing the other dude I could tell he was bigger by how much we can't really now but my best estimate is 12-14 lbs.. fair guess I would say from my point of view.

My man I said belt / belts.. etc I don't give a hoot I don't fallow it like you I knew he passed on a belt or belts the moment he refused to make that 170 scale in the day off.. I clearly put 2 and 2 together using logic cause DUH.

You are getting stuck on some retarded logic level that I didn't point out the exact belt or didn't name it or some bullshit like that when I'm talking to you big picture and that he clearly wanted to game him by using size to his full advantage.

But feel free to keep on it, call me names and do you think cause uuu I didn't told you the belt name or I wasn't that clear in my post, it's a general idea point it's not a freaking deposition, official draft or some shit.. you either get it or don't use your brain a little bit, I never claim to be the "boxing guy" I just watched it and listened and put 2 and 2 together easy peasy cause it ain't that hard to figure it out.

Troll languages and pics ? xD it's sherdog I used some own sherdog icons things and was busting your balls in the start a little then was extending the olive branch but you clearly have your own mind focused on your little boxing elitist fetish.. whatever no skin off my back you do you guy.

9. WklySportsMemes Green Belt

WklySportsMemes
    It was quoted. Not the name of the belt you said verbatim you didnt understand how it worked. Your own words.
    You are the only retard in the world that still does not understand that Jacobs was always going to have a size advantage.
    Everyone knew he would have a size advantage from the moment the fight was announced.
    It has nothing to do with being a boxing elitist or you misusing the wrod fetish. Its that you actually have some of the dumbest least informed post in the entire thread yet you think you have more knowledge as to what is going on than the professionals.

YOU DONT THINK GGGs team saw this coming???? Jesus Christ. They could of put it in the contract. THEY DIDNT CARE. They are smarter than you on their slowest day.

Your magic eyes > scale.... you still cant even concede that retarded point.

10. StickAndMove Brown Belt

StickAndMove
    I'd bet Danny was closer to 190 than to 170. We can't be certain what he weighed but if he didn't even bother weighing in then it's safe to say he knew beforehand he was over the limit. I understand we have the early weigh ins for safety issues but it does sort of make a mockery out of having weight classes.

11. WklySportsMemes Green Belt

WklySportsMemes
    He really just said that.... you cant make this stuff up.
    WOW . You honestly have no idea how boxing works man.

12. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE****

Shoemaker
    Could be. But at 14 pounds heavier than Golovkin, that means he would've cut 24lbs of water. And as others have mentioned, he didn't look drained at the weigh in and his cardio kept up the entire fight; not something that happens when guys cut huge amounts.

I could see Danny walking in the ring around 180. But it's all speculation, and the firmest evidence we have around here at least is @RR saying that he was going to walk into the ring at 176 iirc. I believe that. Unless Jacobs likes alfredo on his pasta, then probably 178.

One MMA Fan likes this.
  13. One MMA Fan Tear of Blood

One MMA Fan
    Can you like relax a little bit..

I told you I don't fallow it but I got the gist of it.. the moment he refused that 170 scale we all understood they are going extra on the size even then the "his the bigger guy naturally".

I think GGG even was thinking he will try to start hard on him early and look for a finish that's why he was extra defensive and timid in the first 2 rounds until he saw he is playing the points game and it was on.. "alright let's box then" type of deal.

My magic eyes ? I'm just guess bro.. and there was no official info scale released so that's why I'm guessing for him.. cause for GGG we had that, we had the 170 number so looking at him I could deduce the other guy was way bigger then the 170's of GGG.

Now let me be geez you been on my behind and crowding my style for quite some time go to a boxing forum and do your thing please.. thank you cya cya have a good night.

14. Queen B Yellow Card

Queen B
    GGG was having trouble with Jacobs southpaw movement.

It is very possible BJS can do that to him.

15. WklySportsMemes Green Belt

WklySportsMemes
    No its not. I have no idea what Danny weighed. Could of been anywhere from 171 to who knows whatever physically impossible weight people want to guess by watching TV. You make the contracted weight you are within the rules. If you want a rehydration clause you can add it to the contract.
    There is no possible way to make sure 2 guys are the same exact size unless they fight on the scale. Rehydration is no different than height, reach, and any other personal attribute. Somebody could have a big advantage.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  16. One MMA Fan Tear of Blood

One MMA Fan
    Alright bro.. enough is enough.

Cya around.

17. WklySportsMemes Green Belt

WklySportsMemes
    First post is barely readable. Why do you keep pushing what you think on to me? You admittedly dont follow the sport so your guesses are not that valid.

Great get lost.

18. One MMA Fan Tear of Blood

One MMA Fan
    I just saw him way bigger then a 6 lbs size difference side by side.. I find it hard to believe that.

Also this will probably open up a big talk on weight cutting but it wasn't exactly a 24 lbs water cut.. it doesn't work like that.. the actual water cut in that day was closer to 12 or so pounds.

You have to diet down hard all week, you have to skip some meals especially close to weigh in, you have to empty your system (piss, shit).. some do even the water cut in more instances like a little bit now then sleep on it and do another session and in the day of the actual weigh in you do the BIG FINAL water cut.. like I initially said the 12 or so pounds one and you are down to your desire weight for that small window to step on the scale.

Plus depends on age, on how your body reacts and what tactic you adopt each fighter and crew have their own tactics be it sauna, be it a more heavy diet (like starving almost), be it that garbage bag covering on a bike, or that salt bath tub etc different tactics used.. I remember Bas even going with some bro scientists like "stand upside down and let your blood come to your head and you will fluctuate on the scale so the official can pick the smaller weight" some bullshit like that XD (or even go full illegal and take out blood, or diuretics to lose water out of your system that way but don't know what "usada" type of shit they have in boxing.. or that boxing dude will jump on my ass and start some other bullshit with me).

Point is a overall 24 lbs cut to a base of 160 lbs is a hard one indeed but one that can be done and is done on many occasions by even our own LW fighters to even a lower base of 155..

Shoemaker likes this.
  19. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE****

Shoemaker
    I omitted your bit about weight cutting because I know and I wasn't about to write that many paragraphs to make a smaller point. Guys do it all the time, but how often do they do that and show the same level of conditioning at the end of a 12 round fight?

You saw what you saw, but that's all it was. If you saw Hearns and Hagler side by side and didn't know who they were, you wouldn't think that Hearns was the guy that used to fight at 147. Our eyes are shit, it's why we measure things with rulers and scales to begin with.

One MMA Fan likes this.
  20. One MMA Fan Tear of Blood

One MMA Fan
    Alright fair enough.

Plus I would like to say this topic was initial in the heavies.. we talked a bit about it there and today I find it moved in the boxing forum and I keep getting tagged and tagged by that boxing purist guy what his name and he gets getting me back in.. I didn't claim to be any expert or anything just my point of view and my own opinions but it sure escalated.