We almost saw GGG lose to Jacobs because of his AGE

I keep reading that GGG's opponent had a 15-20 lb. weight advantage over him.

I bet that was more of a factor than anything else.

Its literally not. I train both and fight (amateur). Boxing is a rest via comparison. The better young athletes now choosing mma because they feel boxing is limited overall and they would feel at a disadvantag against someone who trains mma. And im from ireland a country where boxibg was huge

A 15-20 lb. weight advantage is HUGE in MMA- in boxing it's even more significant since it's a harder sport.

This post is throwing all kinds of subtle shade on Jacobs

I keep reading that GGG's opponent had a 15-20 lb. weight advantage over him.

I bet that was more of a factor than anything else.

A 15-20 lb. weight advantage is HUGE in MMA- in boxing it's even more significant since it's a harder sport.

haha.

I feel bad for people that don't realise the Floyd/Conor phenomena is nothing but a money grab.

The ibf belt was taken off the defence, due to jacobs not wanting to re weigh himself.

It was more of a catch weight fight..
but to be fair GGG's old ass would still knock most out ....and has.
one fight goes the distance and he's a 108 years old and shot...

200w.gif

Nope... the man had a plan come in at around 185 lbs, play it smart and out point him in enough rounds to score the upset but say F you to the belts.

GGG was 170 lbs and still tried his usual I will KO you in 6 or so rounds were he should have recognize the danger and play the points game better to win it more relaxed and not so close.

Either way he got the win even with his all in style and it was a good experience.

Oh and he was thinking the extra size is for an early all in strategy but it wasn't he came to box to a decision.. that's why GGG was a bit defensive in the first 2 rounds.

PS: Chocolito should have won that fight imo.

Boxing middleweight is 160 lbs.

GGG looked slow and weak out there. He won but BARELY won. Wouldve KO'd Jacobs a year or 2 ago.

GGG is 35.

Floyd is 40 (41 when he fight Cloner)

Age means more in boxing than it does in MMA. In MMA, you have guys like Yolo and Manuwa at 37 dominating. P4P GOATS like Chocolito are losing at 30+

Ggg turns 35 next month. Floyd just turned 40. If he fights conor this year he will still be 40. Conor turns 29 in the middle of this year.

Nah. Danny is just a lot better than most of you wanted to admit.

Not trying to bash you TS. Im just curious. You are very wrong an alarming amount of times.
Yet you post with such conviction and confidence.
Why do you continue to make bold claims or guesses and try to pass them off as facts? At what point do you get a little self awareness?

GGG looked slow and weak out there. He won but BARELY won. Wouldve KO'd Jacobs a year or 2 ago.

GGG is 35.

Floyd is 40 (41 when he fight Cloner)

Age means more in boxing than it does in MMA. In MMA, you have guys like Yolo and Manuwa at 37 dominating. P4P GOATS like Chocolito are losing at 30+

Sorry bro.
Big GGG fan and am glad he won but he didn't look old.
He looked cautious n out of his game because of Jacobs and his tactics / strategy.

Maybe tomorrow he'll look old but today it was because of Jacobs.

/thread

I think I caught the end of that last night. Was that the shot, where the other dude didn't wake up until was put in the stretcher?

yeah, and GGG ate those like they were chicken tendies. While Conor gets floored by Nate's slaps. C'mon people, get real now.

Sorry bro.
Big GGG fan and am glad he won but he didn't look old.
He looked cautious n out of his game because of Jacobs and his tactics / strategy.

Maybe tomorrow he'll look old but today it was because of Jacobs.

/thread
yep, he was outboxed by a fighter with the superior gameplan. GGG is relatively slow anyway, so he isn't as reliant on physical attributes that fade with age.

yeah, and GGG ate those like they were chicken tendies. While Conor gets floored by Nate's slaps. C'mon people, get real now.

I really don't know why Conor is being given even a puncher's against Floyd. I doubt he even has the Boxing pedigree of one of Floyd's sparring partners. Floyd is going to kill Conor, or at least dance around him all night and make him look silly. Conor stepping into Floyd's realm is dangerously stupid for his career, and the UFC. At least when Toney crossed over and got embarrassed, he wasn't the biggest boxing star in the world.

If anything. Age means less in boxing than mma. Yoel romero is a freak exception. Plenty of older guys in the upper echelon in boxing. Ggg is a perfect example
Of this. We would never have an undefeated 35 year old champion in mma

How about Jacobs switching from orthodox to southpaw? It worked for him, I didn't expect a rangy southpaw.

Back