We almost saw GGG lose to Jacobs because of his AGE

Eh, Jacobs had a noticeable size advantage and his skills are legit.

Chocolito should have got the win too.

GGG looked slow and weak out there. He won but BARELY won. Wouldve KO'd Jacobs a year or 2 ago.

GGG is 35.

Floyd is 40 (41 when he fight Cloner)

Age means more in boxing than it does in MMA. In MMA, you have guys like Yolo and Manuwa at 37 dominating. P4P GOATS like Chocolito are losing at 30+
Oh stfu please..ggg fought out of his weight class..everyone suddenly became a boxing expert..

and Conor wont have that weight advantage if he fought Floyd?

He would.

Floyd starts slow, Conor starts quick.

Floyd's toughest challenges have been against southpaws.

Conor is younger, bigger, and stronger.

A lot of things are in Conor's favor.

The idea of Conor winning is not ridiculous, it's just improbable.

Agree about the weight in boxing, that boxing is a harder sport, I'm not so sure, inspite of that ESPN study and ranking.

Only reason I say that is because for every aspiring MMA fighter there are about a hundred of them in boxing so rising to the top in a pool of 100 isn't as hard as rising to the top in a pool of 100,000.

At 35 Mayweather was beating prime Canelo at 22-23. So its not so much age as it is mileage. Mayweather can still move and own Connor. I say this as a Connor fan. Hes great in MMA. But boxing? Lolz.
Canelo hadn't matured fully at that point and he was drained from the weight cut. Floyd is an expert at picking and chosing the right opponents at the right time. He needs every advantage possible.

He's still one of the greatest defensive boxers in history though.

Nope... the man had a plan come in at around 185 lbs, play it smart and out point him in enough rounds to score the upset but say F you to the belts.

GGG was 170 lbs and still tried his usual I will KO you in 6 or so rounds were he should have recognize the danger and play the points game better to win it more relaxed and not so close.

Either way he got the win even with his all in style and it was a good experience.

Oh and he was thinking the extra size is for an early all in strategy but it wasn't he came to box to a decision.. that's why GGG was a bit defensive in the first 2 rounds.

PS: Chocolito should have won that fight imo.
You're probably spot on with the GGG analysis, regarding him fighting the tougher fight. He's an entertainer, though. He tries to go for the finish, because that sells.

Regarding Chocolotito: he started in deep hole, with the knockdown early. The headbutts were all accidental, due to the orthodox/southie matchup. So the point deduction was unwarranted. Looked more like "shit happens".

Every time Chocolotito tried to pull ahead, Thai dude (too lazy to fight auto correct) came on just as strong, until switching to point fight style for the 11th and part of the 12th. Point being, that fight could have gone either way and I'm good with the decision. Make the rematch now, I say.

so? Put Conor up against Roger or Floyd Sr instead and he'd still lose.
You should watch Jeff mayweather lose to that karate dude in boxing.

Conor would kill Floyd senior. Age matters. He will be better off technically but he won't be able to take a shot.

He would.

The chances of any of us being hit by lightning is exponentially more probably, but yes, it's not "impossible".

GGG always looks slow to be honest

Also fuck off! Jacobs is an actual legit Boxer. Conor is a bum in the Boxing world

Canelo hadn't matured fully at that point and he was drained from the weight cut. Floyd is an expert at picking and chosing the right opponents at the right time. He needs every advantage possible.

He's still one of the greatest defensive boxers in history though.

Oh fuck off with the drained from the weight cut bull shit. Manny drains his opponents NOT Floyd. Canelo cut a grand total of 2 fucking pounds more then he usually cuts. Yeah i am sure he was so fucking drained cutting to 152LB instead of 154LB

Floyd and Golovkin are two entirely different people.

And I think it's more likely that GGG has largely been a hype-job all along than it is his age that's affecting him. Guys was getting outboxed by a welterweight in his last fight for fuck's sake. And now he steps up to face an actual good opponent and he has a close fight like this. The Mike Tyson of the modern era, only not as interesting/entertaining.

He would.

If something is sufficiently improbable then it is indeed ridiculous

Conor would turn GGG to No-G real quick

Conor would turn GGG to No-G real quick
You mustve missed last night when Kovalev was about to turn Conor into butter until Conor said sorry and tapped him softly on the shoulders

GGG looked slow and weak out there. He won but BARELY won. Wouldve KO'd Jacobs a year or 2 ago.

GGG is 35.

Floyd is 40 (41 when he fight Cloner)

Age means more in boxing than it does in MMA. In MMA, you have guys like Yolo and Manuwa at 37 dominating. P4P GOATS like Chocolito are losing at 30+

Difference being that ggg fought an experienced pro boxer with many fights under his belt and that was a champion boxer.

Floyd would be fighting a guy who has never fought in one professional boxing match. How did you overlook this key factor?

The funny thing is jacobs didnt let ggg really do his thing, but boy did golovkin walk right through everything jacobs threw at him....dude is an animal!
Same goes for the brooks fight...yea he was gettin boxed up somewhat..... Until he broke kell's orbital bone with his fist!

Back