We all agree Pride era Fedor, Cro Cop and Big Nog would still be the top 3 today, right?

Nog:
nogdropsshogun.gif

Wrong Nog

Fedor would do great

Nog might be rank 5-10. His BJJ isn't going to win him fights in 2018. No one except 1-2 guys in the entire sport win by submissions anymore. It's an outdated skillset.

Cro Cop was a 1-dimensional striker and, more importantly, he weighed 225 lbs..

People don't wanna admit it, especially because the HW division is really, really, Hey.. wait a minute, Mark Hunt is a top 3 fighter.

YEah, they'd do great.

Outside of Fedor, they shouldn't - the sport should have evolved past guys with their skillsets - but they would.

Cro cop and Fedor would be top 10 for sure especially Fedor. I do not see how Nog hits top 10 today outside sure but everyone in top 10 can stop his takedowns and beat him on the feet now.

Nog was unathletic with horrible strength or takedowns and ZERO power in his hands and ZERO striking threats. Dude got people to ground by tiring them out or dragging them down but that not work with guys like Stipe or JDS or Cain etc.

Mir KO'd & submitted Nog, KO'd CroCop, & has a chance for the hat trick real soon.
Big Nog had him though, before going for that retard sub in the middle of TKO'ing him.

Big Nog has a win against Werdum when they were both young and fresh. Prime Nog was an animal.

This not what I get about Fedor huggers who mention Nog as some God who beat Werdum etc.

Werdum was early in career and green and Werdum improved dramatically after his loss to JDS. The Werdum of 2 years ago or even today beats all the older versions. He may be older but his chin still holds up, his grappling is better, better takedowns, and better striking. He was never a guy who used speed to win so being older and lose speed not affect him.

Nog might be rank 5-10. His BJJ isn't going to win him fights in 2018. No one except 1-2 guys in the entire sport win by submissions anymore. It's an outdated skillset.
Outdated skillset? If you don't know shit about subs and you get taken down by any half decent MMA fighter, you will get subbed.

"We all agree"

Stop Right there.

We don't "all agree" on anything. Never will.

This not what I get about Fedor huggers who mention Nog as some God who beat Werdum etc.

Werdum was early in career and green and Werdum improved dramatically after his loss to JDS. The Werdum of 2 years ago or even today beats all the older versions. He may be older but his chin still holds up, his grappling is better, better takedowns, and better striking. He was never a guy who used speed to win so being older and lose speed not affect him.
Maybe, yet his two most skill-less performances came after JDS fight. FLOPGATE against Overeem and RUN-N-FLAIL-YA-ARMS against Stipe. Before JDS fight, he beat Overeem convincingly by sub. After JDS fight, he lost to Overeem twice.

Cro cop and Fedor would be top 10 for sure especially Fedor. I do not see how Nog hits top 10 today outside sure but everyone in top 10 can stop his takedowns and beat him on the feet now.

Nog was unathletic with horrible strength or takedowns and ZERO power in his hands and ZERO striking threats. Dude got people to ground by tiring them out or dragging them down but that not work with guys like Stipe or JDS or Cain etc.
Nog was one of the toughest guys EVER in MMA. He could weather any storm and come back to get the win. He might be on the backfoot against those guys, but his will and determination, and basicly unrivaled BJJ at HW (other than Werdum) would give him a good shot to win down the stretch. Watch the beating Fedor put on him, that's the most violent GnP I've seen and he took it like a champ. Most of the current rooster would be KO'd by that GnP (they have been fighting for ages and their bodies and chins are shot).

Outdated skillset? If you don't know shit about subs and you get taken down by any half decent MMA fighter, you will get subbed.
Every fighter knows sub defense though and you need like GOAT or multiple time world-champ submission grappling status to even have a high % chance of submitting just average grappling skilled fighters.

When guys get subbed nowadays, it's when they were on the verge of losing by ground and pound anyways. No one gets subbed where the sub itself is really what won the fight anymore. IT happens sometimes but it's really rare.

You need like 10x the offensive submission skill to be effective against guys 10% as good as you.

Nog was one of the toughest guys EVER in MMA. He could weather any storm and come back to get the win. He might be on the backfoot against those guys, but his will and determination, and basicly unrivaled BJJ at HW (other than Werdum) would give him a good shot to win down the stretch. Watch the beating Fedor put on him, that's the most violent GnP I've seen and he took it like a champ. Most of the current rooster would be KO'd by that GnP (they have been fighting for ages and their bodies and chins are shot).
And Frank Mir, to be fair. Maybe even Barnett too.

Word on the street there is actually only one Nog and he cuts height to make LHW weight.
I heard that when you see the big guy with the chunk missing from his back, that's where they inflate him.

Fedor vs. Ngannou would look like Fedor vs. Gary Goodridge. Crocop vs. Ngannou would look like his fight against Aleks Emelianenko only faster with the ko.

Even second tier Pride HWs like Aleks E. would obliterate near everyone. Its very obvious in that way out of prime fighters like Overeem, Werdum and Hunt can still have a career in the UFC HW division.
I don't know about that. Ngannou sleeps people, and Fedor did get caught a few times being wreckless. I wouldn't underestimate a guy with power like that. It's HW. That said, if Fedor came in smart, didn't get caught the first round and put the grappling pressure on Ngannou he would most likely decision him or TKO him.

Cro Cop would probably dance around Ngannou and counter with the left straight to set up the headkick all night.

I have never gotten the love for Nog.

I think he would be Top 10 for sure, especially in what appears to be a somewhat shallow HW pool. But I think he gets wrecked by most of the Top 5 HWs of the past decade.

Fedor and Crocop are no doubt Top 5 material.

Nog has more top 10 HW wins than anyone ever. Including Fedor. Nog submitted Cro Cop in Pride...

And Frank Mir, to be fair. Maybe even Barnett too.
True. Mir, Nog, Werdum and perhaps Barnett (but only from top position, he wasn't as dangerous from all positions) are the probably the best HW grapplers in MMA all time.

Back