We all agree Pride era Fedor, Cro Cop and Big Nog would still be the top 3 today, right?

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Obvious troll, Pride fanboy, Fedor nuthugging thread...

Fedor-Emelianenko-1.jpg
Nogueira2.png
mirko-filipovic.jpg
1be9794976ca613d4ef65068c2c25deb.jpg

Considering the current #2 HW has 5 total years of combat sports training, I think most 2000 era fighters would do just fine.
25 year old Andrei and Timmy would be successful too.

Last edited:
No way Franc is the GOAT of GOATs

I don't know why this topic but it's still a good occasion to share my fav ownmade hl video about those three legends.

In a cage fight anything can happen especially at HW but watching Fedor live was something very very special and exciting

If Werdum is up there, I don't see any reason why those 3 couldn't be.

Have to chime in with my favourite Pride vid, featuring among else these 3 legends.

Yes. I would say so. HW hasn't improved at all since 2005.

The champion is a part time fighter.
Number 2 has very little experience and skill on paper.
Then it's old guys like Werdum, Overeem, Hunt and Cain.

Fedor, Nog and Cro Cop had way more decorated backgrounds than anyone today at HW.

I have never gotten the love for Nog.

I think he would be Top 10 for sure, especially in what appears to be a somewhat shallow HW pool. But I think he gets wrecked by most of the Top 5 HWs of the past decade.

Fedor and Crocop are no doubt Top 5 material.

Nog, like a lot of guy's at the time, flourished because of the fact that most people's ground games were not that good at the time. Werdum is a better version of Nog. His ground game is trickier (Nog is just really good at the basics), and his striking is better by leaps and bounds.

Cro Cop was only good in a ring. Stipe and Cain would wreck Cro Cop in the cage imo.

Fedor is a mystery, because he fought so many cans, and it was a different era, but I think Prime Fedor would still make a good run in the UFC.

No they would not be top 3, but Fedor would still have a shot at #1.

Mark Hunt is still a contender, Werdum too, not to mention Barnett is still competitive (even though he is a scumbag cheater). I don't see how Fedor, Cro Cop, and Nog wouldn't be at the top.

Not Nog, but Fedor and Cro Cop probably, although they might have gotten USADA'd.

Back