WBKFF has not paid fighters for Nov 9 card

Tom Taylor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum (sorry if it should be somewhere else mods), but WBKFF, the second Bareknuckle promotion to set up shop in Wyoming this year, has failed to pay a bunch of its fighters.

Phil Baroni and numerous others are still awaiting pay over a month after the Nov 9 event. The hotel that hosted the fighters/ staff has apparently also not been paid.

Here's the full report:
https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle...ff-has-not-paid-fighters-for-november-9-card/

Weak bare knuckle fighting farce

Fucking amateur promotors.fightrs should wisen up and not work with promotors until they form a good rep. of reliability

3tweouM.png

Shocking, not.

I'm kind of surprised that some of these MMA vets weren't a little more business savvy and ask for partial payment up front as many do with your typical off the wall promotion that bring some of them in for a one off fight.

Didnt Ward pull out of this card cause he knew nobody was gonna get paid? Smart man.

You beat me to it, Tom. Just saw the article and was going to share.

It looks like the Slime Ball promoter has not only left the fighters without a paycheck, but hasn’t paid the venue for its fees either. I also saw in the article that a Ford Mustang was awarded to a fighter for their performance, but the car has already been repossessed for lack of payment.

It’s no wonder Brennan Ward and Shawn Merriman pulled out of the card at the last minute. They saw the writing on the wall and realized they would not be paid for fighting. As for the fighters who actually showed up and put their bodies on the line to compete, I hope they sue the hell out of this promotion and get paid. I knew from the beginning that this organization was bound for failure. Their website was garbage and didn’t even have any info on the event until about a week out. An amateur organization that tried to jump into the big leagues way too soon.

Didnt Ward pull out of this card cause he knew nobody was gonna get paid? Smart man.

He did. Ward and Shawn Merriman both posted on Instagram/Twitter the week leading up to the fight that they were pulling out because the promoter was already trying to change the terms of the original contract they signed. You know it’s bad news when a promoter no one has ever heard of is putting on an obscure event and trying to change previously agreed to terms before the event even happens.

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum (sorry if it should be somewhere else mods), but WBKFF, the second Bareknuckle promotion to set up shop in Wyoming this year, has failed to pay a bunch of its fighters.

Phil Baroni and numerous others are still awaiting pay over a month after the Nov 9 event. The hotel that hosted the fighters/ staff has apparently also not been paid.

Here's the full report:
https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle...ff-has-not-paid-fighters-for-november-9-card/
War WBKFF.

He did. Ward and Shawn Merriman both posted on Instagram/Twitter the week leading up to the fight that they were pulling out because the promoter was already trying to change the terms of the original contract they signed. You know it’s bad news when a promoter no one has ever heard of is putting on an obscure event and trying to change previously agreed to terms before the event even happens.

I think he said they first were gonna give him 250k flat which right away shouldl have been a warning sign cause Ward never got anything close to that in mma and he's not really a big name. Then they wanted to give him like 75/75 or something like that so he knew this was a shit show and nobody was gonna end up getting paid.

I think he said they first were gonna give him 250k flat which right away shouldl have been a warning sign cause Ward never got anything close to that in mma and he's not really a big name. Then they wanted to give him like 75/75 or something like that so he knew this was a shit show and nobody was gonna end up getting paid.

Yeah $250k to show should have been a red flag already. Ward made $50k to show vs Paul Daley, and that was the biggest fight of his MMA career. I can’t believe WBKFF was offering such absurd salaries off the bat and fighters weren’t calling bull shit. Glad both Ward and Merriman pulled out so that they didn’t fight for no pay.

You beat me to it, Tom. Just saw the article and was going to share.

It looks like the Slime Ball promoter has not only left the fighters without a paycheck, but hasn’t paid the venue for its fees either. I also saw in the article that a Ford Mustang was awarded to a fighter for their performance, but the car has already been repossessed for lack of payment.

It’s no wonder Brennan Ward and Shawn Merriman pulled out of the card at the last minute. They saw the writing on the wall and realized they would not be paid for fighting. As for the fighters who actually showed up and put their bodies on the line to compete, I hope they sue the hell out of this promotion and get paid. I knew from the beginning that this organization was bound for failure. Their website was garbage and didn’t even have any info on the event until about a week out. An amateur organization that tried to jump into the big leagues way too soon.
Yes, the hotel has allegedly not been paid, and the Mustang was apparently repossessed.

Yeah but didn't he also pull out of a Bellator fight just to go to WBKFF? He's smart enough not to fight for free but not smart enough to know a good thing when he's got it.

Ward called it. Doesn’t surprise me though. These guys looked wacky from the start.

I didn't watch the card in question but something didn't pass the smell
test when contracts got renegotiated and people pulled out days before.

In other bare knuckle news, the other org. (BKFC) is holding their fourth show on February 2, 2019. I’m a little surprised by that. I thought they’d be dead after their second show, which was one of the dreariest things I’ve ever seen. Guess they found their niche.

Just when you think things couldn't get worse for Hendricks... lol

Man that sucks. Say what you want, but that card was fucking awesome!

<{JustBleed}>

In other bare knuckle news, the other org. (BKFC) is holding their fourth show on February 2, 2019. I’m a little surprised by that. I thought they’d be dead after their second show, which was one of the dreariest things I’ve ever seen. Guess they found their niche.

What about that 3rd event where to owner claimed he was going to do 50 events in 2019. I think the hype from their 1st event went to his head.

keep it to 6 events per year or try and get a deal with DAZN and expand.

Back