WBC Prez: Wilder-Joshua Must Happen Now, No Need To Delay

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
wilder-joshua-1.jpg

Sulaiman continued - "This fight should be made. There's no need to delay it. The WBC has expressed absolute support for the fight and I'm sure that the other organizations will do the same. So, I think everyone should get on with it!"

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-wilder-joshua-happen-now-no-delay--122482

It will probably do as well now as any time but they will likely argue for the next year over money.

Money will be the sticking point. Wilder should doing all he can to secure the Parker fight. Parity with the belts makes a 50/50 split far easier to make. If Joshua comes to the table with 3 belts then I absolutely think we’re looking at a long time for this fight to be made

Fine by me. I don't care who wins either, as long as one of them puts a hurting on the other.

Imagine this place though, and the whole of UK if 'No Skill Wilder' completely fucks up AJ in the first round though. Then we get the whole 'fluke' angle as well, so they can be pressured into doing it again. I'm just saying.

Wilder will KO Joshua with a counter right hand in the 5th round.

Money will be the sticking point. Wilder should doing all he can to secure the Parker fight. Parity with the belts makes a 50/50 split far easier to make. If Joshua comes to the table with 3 belts then I absolutely think we’re looking at a long time for this fight to be made

I agree regarding the 2 belta a piece. Joshua's ego simply won't let him. Also, he will want to fight in England at all costs. I would be suprised if its a 50/50 purse split that happens in the states.

Nah, Wilder would be wise to fight Parker first. It gives him significantly more leverage for a closer split of a very, very large purse.

A win over Parker also increases Wilder’s name by a large margin.

I agree regarding the 2 belta a piece. Joshua's ego simply won't let him. Also, he will want to fight in England at all costs. I would be suprised if its a 50/50 purse split that happens in the states.

Joshua has the bigger fan base so I think it’s good that’ll be over here. If wilder gets in there before Joshua and grabs that second belt I just think negotiations are going to be easier. A half share should absolutely be on the table if there’s parity with the belts

I think the fight being over here is more about giving back to the fans that have made him a rich man. There’s likely to be some sort of rematch clause, especially as there is little talent in the division, so it would be good for that to be in the states. It all sounds so easy but I bet it won’t be!!

You can make the most money in Vegas. There's a reason Mayweather vs Conor was at T-Mobile and not cowboy stadium for example.

Don’t worry guys, Eric Molina says wilder wins by mid round knockout, actually 5-9 but why use the normal parameters.

I’m surprised he remembers either of those fights.

I hope it happens soon, would be great to have a chance of an epic HW trilogy, when was the last one of them?

There's no way AJ faces Wilder next. Eddie can get a bit more dollar from him beating bums so we'll see AJ vs Parker then maybe even somebody else in the Summer before the Wilder fight.

Fine by me. I don't care who wins either, as long as one of them puts a hurting on the other.

Imagine this place though, and the whole of UK if 'No Skill Wilder' completely fucks up AJ in the first round though. Then we get the whole 'fluke' angle as well, so they can be pressured into doing it again. I'm just saying.

I want Wilder to fuck AJ up just to shutdown the delusional UK fans. They really think AJ is the second coming.

I want Wilder to fuck AJ up just to shutdown the delusional UK fans. They really think AJ is the second coming.

Well you might have to wait a while longer, Wilder wanting 50-50 is laughable considering the monumental mismatch this is in terms of drawing power and pay. He should know that if he's not budging from an even split, he doesn't really want this fight as much as he's saying.

Well you might have to wait a while longer, Wilder wanting 50-50 is laughable considering the monumental mismatch this is in terms of drawing power and pay. He should know that if he's not budging from an even split, he doesn't really want this fight as much as he's saying.

Wilder is chasing that 50-0. Why make up to $20m risking his 0 against Joshua when he can make $15m and reach 50-0 against his usual caliber of opponents. In the summer it will have been 2 years since Wilder beat Arreola. With the WBC's track record with the likes of Arreola and Stiverne, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make Wilder - Arreola 2.

Can't disagree

Wilder is chasing that 50-0. Why make up to $20m risking his 0 against Joshua when he can make $15m and reach 50-0 against his usual caliber of opponents. In the summer it will have been 2 years since Wilder beat Arreola. With the WBC's track record with the likes of Arreola and Stiverne, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make Wilder - Arreola 2.
Wilders last two opponents pissed dirty. Both are top ranked fighters.

Stop blaming Wilder. Its fucking stupid.

Wilders last two opponents pissed dirty. Both are top ranked fighters.

Stop blaming Wilder. Its fucking stupid.

Arreola tested dirty in the fight before Wilder - Arreola 1. Stiverne tested dirty in the run up to the cancelled Povetkin fight, which landed Stiverne his mandatory spot.

Only fights that actually happen have any relevance.

lol no we don’t? He’s rated the best HW by most because he’s the only guy that’s been willing to take the tough fights. Any delusional fans saw his weaknesses in the wlad fight. That said I do think he’ll beat wilder because he isn’t that good either

Last edited:
lol no we don’t? He’s rated the best HW by most because he’s the only guy that’s been willing to take the tough fights. Any delusional fans saw his weaknesses in the wlad fight. That said I do think he’ll beat wilder because he isn’t that good either

They both suck. We've been so starved for Heavyweights the past 15 yrs that even a slight uptick in competitiveness has everyone dropping their pants. A second rate hamburger tastes like steak when you're starving.

Watch Holyfields wars with Bowe, or Tyson in his prime, those were heavyweights.

Back