WBA ORDERS AJ VS POVETKIN NEXT

Noone lost interest in mayweather/pac though. People were disappointed yea, but they still paid up...biggest selling fight in history no?
And Mayweather vs Conor did incredibly well when they made the match as fast as they could. I know more casual fans who get excited when a big fight is coming up but if they hear it's getting delayed a long time get annoyed and stop thinking about it.

And Mayweather vs Conor did incredibly well when they made the match as fast as they could. I know more casual fans who get excited when a big fight is coming up but if they hear it's getting delayed a long time get annoyed and stop thinking about it.

But delays didnt stop big money fights happening before, nor did it this time. Maybe you forget the on/off rumors of mcgregor vs mayweather for about a year also...people didnt get tired waiting.

He hasn’t accepted anything. This whole episode is smoke and mirrors. To be honest the only one missing out here is Deontay but I think he’s that deluded he thinks he will get another chance. Won’t happen, Eddie and AJ don’t negotiate with messers and time wasters. They’ll move on, probably fight Povetkin, another mandatory and then maybe Fury if he doesn’t get KO’d before.
So you cant answer. Got it.
Wilder took 4 weeks to say he accepted terms.....and he only said that when everyone in the know know Povetkin fight was about to be announced. Basically Wilder spent far to long trying to negotiate as the A side and by the time he come around its too late. That's how I see it. AJ wants the other belt but he doesn't need it know he can have a couple of other big money fights first Povetkin and then Whyte. What is wilder going to do in the meantime? Nothing much is my guess.
That is an entirely false statement.

Am I the only one kind of happy with whats resulted? AJ fights Povetkin before he dies of old age and Im pretty sure he killed Price with that KO in the last fight, price just hasnt realized yet lol. Then in Feb a fight with 2 youngish heavyweights. Great kick off to the next year for fights

What part of that statement is false?
You can start with the “4 weeks to sign” nonsense and go from there. While youre researching you should take a look at when it was sent to begin with.

Regardless, all the posturing back and forth has been a bunch of bullshit on both sides. At the end of the day, the money and location were agreed upon. This Canelo date thing is just bullshit.

Ok should have said 4 weeks to agree terms.

I was told from someone very close to it 4 days before wilder "accepted terms on instagram" that the announcement of AJ vs POVETKIN was immanent just trying to decide on what stadium in London would be used. Wilder has 4 weeks to agree to what was sent to trigger a contract and then he posts on IG just as announcement was about to be made on AJ vs POVETKIN.

Ok should have said 4 weeks to agree terms.

I was told from someone very close to it 4 days before wilder "accepted terms on instagram" that the announcement of AJ vs POVETKIN was immanent just trying to decide on what stadium in London would be used. Wilder has 4 weeks to agree to what was sent to trigger a contract and then he posts on IG just as announcement was about to be made on AJ vs POVETKIN.
Terms werent sent 4 weeks prior. Youre pulling these figures from your “sources” ass. The people sending the shit have very clearly given the timelines of when things actually happened. And their accountings match up on both fighters sides.

The only thing that stopped this was them trying to force the Canelo date. Yet they wont force the same date for Povetkin. I wonder why.

mate sort it out

Hearn quote

""It's great that he's come back to us. We made this offer about four weeks ago and I don't know if he's come back because he's heard we're close to closing the Povetkin fight or whether he wants the fight, but either way he's going to be getting a contract from us ASAP."

as I said originally the povetkin fight was about to be closed, just deciding which venue out of the two.

As Ive said youre pulling numbers and sources from your ass. The Povetkin fight was swirling in the media long before your sources.

Theyre merely hoping Wilder is knocked off in the meantime and no one (fans) will be asking for it then.

Wilder needs to get another quality opponent, get the W, and then try to force their hand for April like Hearn claims they want.

Theyre merely hoping Wilder is knocked off in the meantime and no one (fans) will be asking for it then.

Wilder needs to get another quality opponent, get the W, and then try to force their hand for April like Hearn claims they want.

I cant see anyone knocking off wilder he and AJ seem a def step above the rest, Whyte is improving (but parker will show how much). If everyone needs to fight everyone else first then I guess fair enough rather that than nothing

As Ive said youre pulling numbers and sources from your ass. The Povetkin fight was swirling in the media long before your sources.

It was in the media as it was going to happen and he was the mandatory. I have one guy I speak to I am not close to him I only speak to him occasionally and yes he is close to matchroom and I often hear things before they are announced sometimes a long time and other times it doesn't pan out. Bear in mind I live about 30min from the matchroom gym and HQ. I get to hear about the matchroom fighters only that's it. I am not claiming to have unlimited sources in the boxing world.

TBH I don't think either side is ducking I think its just a massive clash of negotiating techniques, wilder thinking he is more important than he is, and AJ / Hearn having options and wanting to get fights made.[/

Wilder’s side was offering the most $. That makes him as important as he thinks he is. They declined (and looked like bitches in doing so tbh), and Wilder accepted the B-side terms.

Then, the guys “who want to get the fights made” came up with a bullshit tactic of choosing a date to go against the biggest star in the sport for a PPV.

Then, the guys “who want to get the fights made” came up with a bullshit tactic of choosing a date to go against the biggest star in the sport for a PPV.

You keep banging on about this Canelo date but I don't understand why you think it wasn't an issue and two, why your constantly ignoring that there was an immediate alternative date on the table anyway ......... a date that we knew about 2 months ago?

Hearn has been saying for months that he'd look at September or Oct / Nov.

Now AJ vs Wilder is PPV so they CAN'T have it near the Canelo fight, you don't arrange fights of that size back to back within a few weeks of each other.

Hearn literally said in his video that the only reason the September date was being mentioned is because Canelo vs GGG was off, then when it came back on he proposed the alternative of Oct / Nov ........ so where's the issue again?

Hearn was asked "Couldn't you have just done it in September anyway" and he replied because its PPV he said the Networks would of laughed him out of the building for being naive enough to request a back to back mega fight within the same few weeks.

Unlike with the Wilder offer to AJ, Wilder actually has a contract in front of him ........ a contract just because of formalities he chose not to sign even when he knew the WBA were breathing down AJ's neck.

Wilder has no one to blame here but himself and his team.

You keep banging on about this Canelo date but I don't understand why you think it wasn't an issue and two, why your constantly ignoring that there was an immediate alternative date on the table anyway ......... a date that we knew about 2 months ago?

Hearn has been saying for months that he'd look at September or Oct / Nov.

Now AJ vs Wilder is PPV so they CAN'T have it near the Canelo fight, you don't arrange fights of that size back to back within a few weeks of each other.

Hearn literally said in his video that the only reason the September date was being mentioned is because Canelo vs GGG was off, then when it came back on he proposed the alternative of Oct / Nov ........ so where's the issue again?

Hearn was asked "Couldn't you have just done it in September anyway" and he replied because its PPV he said the Networks would of laughed him out of the building for being naive enough to request a back to back mega fight within the same few weeks.

Unlike with the Wilder offer to AJ, Wilder actually has a contract in front of him ........ a contract just because of formalities he chose not to sign even when he knew the WBA were breathing down AJ's neck.

Wilder has no one to blame here but himself and his team.

AJs ducking because wilder wont sign the contract apparently?? The wba initially gave Joshua until the middle of May to make this fight, they’ve been more than fair. No one should surprised that it is being ordered, especially wilder and his team!

Back