WBA ORDERS AJ VS POVETKIN NEXT

^^^

Man that looks bad , Hearn don't want to bust the Cash Cow

Trust me, this is all on Wilders team. Guy is a fucking idiot. Whopper.
<Dylan>Da fuck? Every sign points to a blatant AJ duck. He makes demands even low balls Wilder an Wilder still says ok then all of a sudden as a contract supposed to get done wba gives 24 hours .

But to u it id Wilders fault for not getting it done when he agreed to everything even when AJ kept changing shit ........<TheWire1>

said this in the other thread....I dunno who I pick Povetkin to beat thats in the top 7/8 if he isn’t on roids

New Wilder interview. Shout out to 78SPORTSTV of the LDBC.

@4:47 Wilder says he was sent a contract with no date or venue, just "next fight." Rematch clause only available if Wilder beats Joshua, not the other way around. I am going through the interview right now.

Wilder says he has done all the work and took all the lowball offers to make the fight. It's simply a fact; Joshua hasn't made any power plays to force the fight to happen.

Wilder says he will move on.

Wilder also says it's a clean slate now; AJ will not be given 50 million up front ever.

Last edited:
Why would AJ even want to risk a Povetkin fight before cashing in on the Wilder bout? I don't get that part.

And...this sucks.
I don't think he sees him as a risk. Plus any wilder fight is devalued if someone starts dropping belts.

This is pretty piss poor though. I kinda feel a bit bad for Deontay, although I'd have more sympathy if he'd gone after wlad or parker the same way.

I'm starting to think that Eddie has probably manipulated this situation more than I'd previously thought though. Maybe to gauge public opinion..

Fuck knows.

I'm ok with povetkin but feel pretty shafted with all the bullshit that's been done.

Povektin is 38 and at least interesting/entertaining to watch. Wilder is 32 and Joshua is 28. Plenty of time for Wilder/Joshua to happen while theyre in the prime shape.

Joshua fighting Povetkin at 38 is better than making him wait til 40 at least lol.

Povektin is 38 and at least interesting/entertaining to watch. Wilder is 32 and Joshua is 28. Plenty of time for Wilder/Joshua to happen while theyre in the prime shape.

Joshua fighting Povetkin at 38 is better than making him wait til 40 at least lol.
Povetkin almost lost to David Price his last fight.....

Seriously. He almost lost to the corpse of one of the biggest jokes in the hw divison in the last 10 yrs

Povetkin almost lost to David Price his last fight.....

Seriously. He almost lost to the corpse of one of the biggest jokes in the hw divison in the last 10 yrs

It looked like he'd literally murdered Price when I watched that fight and the KO. Being in a ring with someone with that capability is at least entertaining...and a hell of a lot more entertaining than simply watching reports of speculation regarding negotiations between Wilder/Joshua

Watch the contest up until the ko. Povetkin got saved by the bell in the 3rd ( or 4th cant remember)

At this point you can mainly blame the WBA if anyone.
I blame Pulev for being too terrifying for anyone to fight.

Fuck it.

Deontay Wilder, Brendan Schaub, and Eddie Hearn's twitter LOL

I fear for whoever Wilder faces next. It will be worse than Stiverne 2.

I feel like this is another situation of promoters letting the fight "marinate". I get the concept to a degree but if you make people wait too long they just get annoyed and lose interest.

damn.. Good he is calling him out on it though - to put Deontay n the fan through all that just to keep moving the goal posts then get the WBA to try an bail you out as you know Wilder will just accept anything anyway - is IMO cowardice for a HW champion. I know this happens with most fighters at least once in their career but to have a guy willing to bend as much as Wilder was an still say no after saying you would is bullshit

I just feel like either AJ or Wilder can get caught by people aside from each other. Can doesn't mean will, but for the love of everything holy they would make so much by making that fight next and will lose so much if a wrench gets thrown in the works, however unlikely. Both of them would lose if either one does. Plus, I'm salty because I thought I was going to see this fight this year.

Back