WBA ORDERS AJ VS POVETKIN NEXT

Can't believe WBA would try n fuck up a mega fight an maybe tbe most anticipated HW fight since Lewis Tyson in 02.

Bummer , I am hoping the fight between AJ & Wilder gets made 1st or 2nd quarter 2019

Would kick off the year perfectly and travel arrangements would be easier for me.

more buzz if fights go as planed and no losses are incurred during the course

Can't believe WBA would try n fuck up a mega fight an maybe tbe most anticipated HW fight since Lewis Tyson in 02.
They have every right to order the mandatory. The unification with Wilder would take precedence and this doesn't change that but they sure don't have to wait forever for AJ/Wilder to figure everything out.

I kinda feel the same. But then I look at the ufc belts and lineage and decide that's one thing boxing has kinda right. A ufc belt is worth the same as a mcdojo black belt.

I kinda feel the same. But then I look at the ufc belts and lineage and decide that's one thing boxing has kinda right. A ufc belt is worth the same as a mcdojo black belt.
while I agree the belts in ufc don't mean as much being many times they aren't lineal ...... in the ufc u know the best fights get made an we see the best fights for a title or not.

while I agree the belts in ufc don't mean as much being many times they aren't lineal ...... in the ufc u know the best fights get made an we see the best fights for a title or not.
The UFC model is certainly better for the fans.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...r-dazn-deal20180625-story.html?outputType=amp
DAZN will carry the second chapter of the World Boxing Super Series eight-fighter tournaments in the 140-pound junior-welterweight and bantamweight divisions later this year, and there’s intrigue to see if Hearn will place his unbeaten, three-belt heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua in the debut September card against mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin of Russia.

*this was a done deal* Hearn is just playing with the media and fans. This was mentioned more than 20 hours ago by Mr. Delgado who is DAZN president of sports or something like that lol.

Povetkin can fuck off and wait.

Make whatever “changes” were sent back to Hearn and get it done.
Finkel also said their side wants the fight and has accepted the financial terms Hearn laid out in his counter offer, as well as agreeing to fight Joshua in the United Kingdom, his home country. Hearn's last public offer to Wilder was a flat fee of $15 million, an increase over his previous offer of $12.5 million.

How convenient.

Anthony Joshua MUST face Povetkin NOW but Keith Thurman hasn't fought in over a calendar year and no threats of him being stripped have been made. They have every reason to strip him, but they haven't? Why? Lmao.

When Luis Ortiz failed a drug test for the WBC the WBA suspended him for one year. When Alexander Povetkin failed a drug test for the WBC the WBA did nothing. ??? Even if he wasn't ranked at the time, certainly he entered the rankings within the next 365 days?

Last edited:

In all fairness they have given wilder and Joshua’s teams more than enough time to sort their shit out. Everyone knew that if the unification isn’t sorted then povetkin is mandatory. The initial deadline was at the start of May so they’ve been pretty flexible tbf

Povetkin can fuck off and wait.

Make whatever “changes” were sent back to Hearn and get it done.
The wba have demanded a date for the povetkin mandatory defence. Unless a miracle happens..

It's all bullshit we've been wasting our time all talking about it

Kind of funny the WBA wants enforce a mandatory considering they have like
3 different champions in a weight class.

Just wondering what had Wilders team done to fuck up the fight happening? They agree to all demands virtually down the line. ...... AJ wants a few more fights till taking a legit tough fight which would be fine of he didn't public say shit he would agree to an then keep moving goal posts only to have Wilder still agree an the wba having to come in an try an help aj save face

Why would AJ even want to risk a Povetkin fight before cashing in on the Wilder bout? I don't get that part.

And...this sucks.

Don’t believe a thing that either side says at this point tbh.

Trust me, this is all on Wilders team. Guy is a fucking idiot. Whopper.

Trust you, because? Who are you?

Then they said, ‘what do we do now?’ Let’s send them a contract. Except, the contract doesn’t have when the fight will be or where it will be. But today I get a letter saying; ‘We’re not going to fight you next, but we’ll fight you the fight after that...and it will be April 13th at Wembley Stadium. So basically, he can tell me next year, but he can’t tell me a date for this year.”

Addressing ‘comments’ Hearn stated could have made a difference to ongoing talks, Finkel added: “I never said to Eddie Hearn I would be sending back comments, I wrote to him saying I’m sending back the contract. And he knows the contract would have been signed.

“That’s why today, and all of a sudden, the WBA have turned around and given 24 hours.”

Joshua said on TV ‘that I will fight him next’ – he’s not fighting us next. He also said; ‘I swear if he offers me $50m I’ll take the fight tomorrow’. Well, got him the $50m and he still didn’t take it,” pointed out Finkel.

“In fact, they send us an offer which is a flat-fee of $15m with a rematch clause, which we accepted, and then a date of September 15th at Wembley – which they knew was the date for Canelo. So, they never had the intention of doing it. How can you go the same day as Canelo?

They are fighting Povetkin on a later date now so why couldn’t they offer that date to us?

“I asked them on Sunday what date and what venue and they wouldn’t tell us, because they never wanted to do this fight.”

“I know they can’t come out and say ‘we don’t want the fight, he dangerous’ - but they are saying they want it and then putting up every barrier they can to stop it,” he added.

Back