Ways to beat a 13 year bjj practitioner

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by ironkhan57, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:05 AM.

1. Cappy Goodtime

Cappy Goodtime Hide yo wife. Hide yo neck.

Only creontes would give this guy advice. I'm rooting for the 13 year old.

2. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

He's 22

3. BJJ_Rage

BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

good, then dont let him clinch, although in my experience, unless you re a very very very trained mma fighter, you re going to clinch sometime in the fight, so good luck.

ironkhan57 likes this.
  4. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

Ok ty

5. Canned Tuna

Canned Tuna Red Belt

PM me the vid after the fight

6. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

Ok, I will try my best to win.

Canned Tuna likes this.
  7. jack36767

jack36767 Brown Belt

Oh god “been around” Jesus you sound so suburban
    ””

8. Poochie

Poochie White Belt

He from the streetz of Short Hills! Just because Time Magazine named it the riches town in America doesn't mean the OP isn't hard.

9. DatCutman

DatCutman White Belt

How do you have 5 years of boxing/muay thai experience when you've made multiple threads in the past few years saying you are self-training? Do you still run an 11 minute mile? Why did you specify that it was an "unsanctioned" fight when you haven't had "sanctioned" fights? Shouldn't you be in the military (or in Philly training to be a cop) by this point? Are you still 5'7''? Why don't you train in a gym? Are you still aspiring to be the "greatest mma fighter in the world" despite not training seriously or regularly or in a gym? These are all questions I'll need answered to help you defeat your opponent.

10. Dogstarman

Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

Yes. 13 years of BJJ is a quite the hill to beat. Even if he is out of shape and fat and smokes weed everyday. He is so comfortable in his world, I bet he takes you down and beats your dumbass.

Kenjamito and ironkhan57 like this.
  11. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

Look at the dates of those threads and then theirs your answer I haven't trained in a legit gym since July of 2017.

12. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

Idk what I want to do with my life I hit a mad roadblock in my life, I was going to go into the military, but idk what I want to do. Yes I change my aspirations after a while because idk what suits me better at first when I started training I wanted to be the best in the world and then in 2017 I went through money problems and couldn't train that much anymore, I still don't know what I want to do so that's why I change it, and the firefighter exam I actually signed up for. So I'm giving that a shot. I'm glad you asked the right questions, respect right their instead of assuming I'm a troll, yes I've never had a sanctioned fight i said it is an unsanctioned fight because that's exactly what it is and helps better understand.

13. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

I can explain everything to everyone anytime Its just that when people assume shit and I try to explain I seem like a troll, I just explained it so that better helps you understand, and I have not trained since July 2017 I was struggling to make money ever since then and am still struggling while also unemployed and trying to find a job.

14. jack36767

jack36767 Brown Belt

20 bucks he’s trying to show off to a girl he has no chance with

Dogstarman likes this.
  15. Reyesnuthugr

Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

He likely hasn't had 13 straight years of bjj, he probably has a CM Punk "I train" belt with 1 or 2 years of actual bjj training. Likely white belt, possible blue belt but nothing crazy.

Lateral/circular movement, don't go towards him let him go to you and use angles on him. Use the hook if you're good at it- its the hardest and quickest punch for those untrained in striking to see and they have no idea when its coming or how to block or duck it, they can't learn on the spot either-- it takes a long time even for a striker to learn to see it coming. Don't kick or knee unless/until he's so tired he can't move correctly or you'll likely go to the ground with him.

Feint a lot. Nail him with one clean good one and stay out of range. He will panic and leave large openings

ironkhan57 likes this.
  16. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

20 bucks that I'm not focused on getting girl, 30 bucks that I'm trying to make a living first, 40 bucks that not much girls like fighters where where I live.

17. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

Alright ty.

18. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Green Belt

Yeah and he's a year older then me and when I went to school with him I was 16 going on 17, and he told me he was a blue belt and said he use to train.

19. Reyesnuthugr

Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

He's going to be sloppy as shit, just don't let him clinch or pull you down with him

Stay crisp and feint a lot

How good are you at takedown defense? Do you have any? That's probably what you should be working on because that's his only hope unless he also has a natural talent for striking

If he can apparently punch fast or seems fluid at all, you want to wait a good 30 seconds or more for him to tire out some before you engage. Hopefully he leans way over and leads with his face like lots of bjj guys do when sparring standup, which is a good sign if he does

Jimmy Jazz and catchwrestle like this.
  20. ArtemV

ArtemV Silver Belt

Lol. You know you're gonna lose when you resort to sherdog for street fighting advice.

Robocok and Dogstarman like this.