Waterboarding as a form of interrogation, yay or nay?

I think this is where not only US but entire world have gone soft on terrorism.

Lots of countries around the world says they have 'zero tolerance policy for terrorism' and yet call this form of interrogation as cruel and inhumane.

Wait a minute...

When you see people having their throats cut, burned alive, decapitated and so on, are you able to just walk past that like it was nothing?

World needs to get a grip on terrorism, not slapping a wrist.

Not going to disagree with the Mad Dog himself:)

1828219-i_say_thee_nay.jpg

5. Does it even work / will you get false info just as often
6. Are you recruiting for the enemy
5, yes. 6, the enemy lies to their recruits so it doesn't matter what you're doing in that regard.

The question roughly translates to: After losing 5,000 Americans in an attack against our country, would you be upset if you didn't do everything possible (waterboarding, sleep deprivation, exposure to uncomfortable temperatures, and the other methods utilized in the CIA "torture report") to gather the intelligence required to prevent an attack?

"Everything possible" and everything you listed boils down to removing human rights. I answered it, as a policy no

- Human rights must exist because even the worst of the worst cannot match the pervasive malevolence of a depraved government or a tyrannical majority.

"Everything possible" and everything you listed boils down to removing human rights. I answered it, as a policy no

- Human rights must exist because even the worst of the worst cannot match the pervasive malevolence of a depraved government or a tyrannical majority.
Ok, fair enough. You're welcome to hold that belief.

5, yes. 6, the enemy lies to their recruits so it doesn't matter what you're doing in that regard.

Sure but if it's also true it helps. Gitmo pics for example. Even if they got intel, real recruiting tool. A video of some femal Muslim being water boarded would pay dividends.

Sure but if it's also true it helps. Gitmo pics for example. Even if they got intel, real recruiting tool. A video of some femal Muslim being water boarded would pay dividends.
The Bush administration already used waterboarding and I haven't seen any examples of it getting out. Of course, this is a side issue because they shouldn't be doing it regardless of whether or not they can conceal it or what propaganda is being disseminated here or elsewhere.

Back