Watching old Jacares fights

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The jaca that beat okami was a freaking beast, fast explosive powerful... The one that faved Romero and lately Tim looks very different, slow and far from that explosive beast... He's grappling skills are so good that he can still make things work, but he's prime days seem to be gone... He's still good enough to sub the whole division though.

I think Jacare is a Pride fighter stuck in the wrong era. He seems like he would excel through more fights against a variety of opponents, especially tournaments (not to mention the longer rounds and open judging). In the UFC he's just the guy you dont want to match your stars against.

Some would say USADA has something to do with his physique changing. Who knows ? Not accusing him but where there's smoke there's fire . After all the people popped for juice( some I never suspected) , nothing surprises me anymore .

Some would say USADA has something to do with his physique changing. Who knows ? Not accusing him but where there's smoke there's fire . After all the people popped for juice( some I never suspected) , nothing surprises me anymore .

I think he definitely came off the horse meat. His physique looks a lot different than his past fights. Too drastic of a change for just being a few years.

The jaca that beat okami was a freaking beast, fast explosive powerful... The one that faved Romero and lately Tim looks very different, slow and far from that explosive beast... He's grappling skills are so good that he can still make things work, but he's prime days seem to be gone... He's still good enough to sub the whole division though.

Agree, hope he ll get his title shot asap

He s 38 too

what drastic physique change? dude still looks like a monster.

and i think he's looked fantastic in his last few fights. he finished mousasi, vitor, boetsch (and camozzi, lol), and he was robbed vs yoel as far as i'm concerned.

he took it to okami standing up and beat him to shit, but he chose to mostly grapple in these recent fights. i agree he's probably not in his physical prime anymore, considering he's 37 years old, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. he's still arguably the best middleweight in the world.

and i think he's looked fantastic in his last few fights. he finished mousasi, vitor, boetsch (and camozzi, lol), and he was robbed vs yoel as far as i'm concerned.

he took it to okami standing up and beat him to shit, but he chose to mostly grapple in these recent fights. i agree he's probably not in his physical prime anymore, considering he's 37 years old, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. he's still arguably the best middleweight in the world.
And the UFC might be letting him go...
Shows what the WME cares about.

He recently did an interview like a month ago and he said he still feels 25.

He got drastically technically better on the feet and doesn't have to rely on purely athleticism anymore.

Mousasi was like 4 years ago, .. He was moving much faster had some awkward but effective head movement, he looked awesome against him... Against Romero and Tim, not so much... At least in the feet, no had movement at all much straight up posture, much
More flat footed...

I do agree that he is still the best mw, but that Jacare that faced okami and mousasi would've killed any mw in front of him...

Mousasi was like 4 years ago, .. He was moving much faster had some awkward but effective head movement, he looked awesome against him... Against Romero and Tim, not so much... At least in the feet, no had movement at all much straight up posture, much
More flat footed...

I do agree that he is still the best mw, but that Jacare that faced okami and mousasi would've killed any mw in front of him...
september 2014 was 4 years ago? how long have i been sleeping?!?!

god damn it.. jaca looked horrible again tonight. I guess gone are his prime days.

He looked flat as fuck. Like he just woke up from a nap backstage.

Damn, Whittaker looked great tonight. Sad to see Jacare get a few steps away from a title shot, he may have blown his last attempt at getting a shot.

Will always enjoy watching Jacare fight but he's lost a few steps recently.

Watch his bjj match with werdum, he rag dolls him with ease

He got drastically technically better on the feet and doesn't have to rely on purely athleticism anymore.

it hasn't been looking like that anymore... I would say he was looking much better on his feet before... Something is just awfully wrong with this version of jaca...

Last edited:
Back