Watching action movie loaded with UFC legends (GSP, BJ, silva, Rampage) with the wife?

The Moloko man

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ok you guys,
My wife and I are starting up our weekly movie night again after a short hiatus
And I was thinking about watching "Never surrender" as not only to make for a interesting movie night, but as a means to increase her exposure to the legendary and still active UFC talent like georges, Silva, rampage and BJ(she complains constantly about our cable bills extra charge for fight pass, where it's became a regular occurance to me of having to explain to her that it's not an adult channel package :rolleyes:)

Personally Im already quite familiar with this film myself
As i saw it with "da crew" (nickname for My cul de sac's neighborhood watch) a while back after finding this gem in the Wal-Mart bargain bin

Now as I said before I'm thinking about watching it with Mrs foldger,
but I'm not sure she'd appreciate the the technical mastery of the action scenes.....or all the nudity, which is abound and quite explicit(whether it's pictures, magazines, or the internet Mrs foldger has "banned" me from looking at other women naked.....while movies usually get a pass since some of her favorites have nudity in them.... i.e. the crying game, Amadeus, shawshank redemption, the piano, the godfather)
But this might be crossing the line for her seeing as she might consider it hyper violent and oversexualized......also she doesn't like nu-metal

i think Mrs foldger might resonate with it though
because the lead actor(pro MMA fighter?) Hector eccheverua(?) looks strikingly similar to her new trainer Eduardo ....

hector echavarria.jpg
(Imagine a tribal tattoo and More american crew gel in his hair)

With him she has a renewed passion and vigor for fitness (even while 3 months pregnant mind you)
Her training sessions at hectors bungalow are strikingly long in duration, And she is visibly ragged from the exertion
but he comes highly recommended by the locals (such as my mother in law) and he has even helped foster an interest in my wife to become bi lingual (meaning you can speak two languages at the same time)

But I digress......
So it's either this movie or we watch G.I. Jane again (her default pick when I'm too apprehensive to choose a movie)

ALSO....if you haven't seen this film I can provide a quick synopsis

....an MMA champ(no organization name given) enters the world of underground fighting......and basically if you win your match, you get to bang the other fighters provided woman(consort is what they're called in the film) Anyway, a evil russian mma guys heads the underground fight league, and in the end the hero mma champ sets out to kill him and his goons, with the help of his buddies BJ Penn and rampage(who just happen to show up at the final show down to help him) The hero mma champ has to fight anderson at the end too
Warning:graphic NSFW
he kills him 0326170002.jpg
GSP is in it too as the main characters friend......they dub his voice in by the way

BEST LINES:
0325172341a.jpg Guy talking to rampage: "ya know the last guy that thought i was gay, i kicked his ass."
Rampage: "there you go again, always talking bout my ass"

Rampage talking to guys arriving at a nightclub: "hey man!, what you doing here? I thought the gay club was down the street!

(Some guy punches page in the face) Rampage:"you're supposed to pivot when you punch bitch!"

Rampage:"we only fight in the cage homey"

0325172343.jpg (guy talking to GSP):"George! What the hell are you doing here?"
GSP:"what the hell are you doing here?"

0325172347.jpg Anderson silva:"................."

0325172359.jpg
(Some guys tries to start a fight with the main character)
Diego:"i dont have time for you"
Penn: "but i do!"

.....so long story short sherdog
Do you think this is a good film to watch for movie night/ and be able to pique her interest in UFC? (and mma in general)

Or do you think its quality and lack of marquee names (changing Tateham, Ryan guzzling, the rock, vin diesel Mark walburn) will just alienate her further not being interested in one of my most passionate viewing pastimes?

Remember sherdog
If I don't pull the trigger on picking this or a better UFC related movie(here comes the boom comes to mind)
it's another movie night of demi moore.
Who dont get me wrong seems like a delightful person and will probably go down as a legend of tv and cinema herself......but I can only watch Charlie's angels:full throttle so many times:oops:

Last edited:
I kinda enjoyed this film. You missed out Heath herring btw. He can actually act so you may not have recognized him as an MMA fighter.

(Some guys tries to start a fight with the main character)
Diego:"i dont have time for you"
Penn: "but i do!"
BJs delivery of this line was the most hilarious part of the movie.

Would reccomend

I kinda enjoyed this film. You missed out Heath herring btw. He can actually act so you may not have recognized him as an MMA fighter.

BJs delivery of this line was the most hilarious part of the movie.

Would reccomend
Omg i wasnt even think there for a sec....yeah texas krazy horse is in it
He was very natural acting...suprised he hasn't done more parts
Meanwhile GSP is in captain america!

Didn't read but the movie sucks and you should feel bad for putting your wife through that.

She's cheating on you with her trainer; and if by some miracle of miracles she isn't, she will be if you force her to watch this dreck.

Your wife?

image2.gif~original
:eek: Mrs Folder is happily married

wow dude im gonna assume you're being silly here but mrs foldger gettin some brazillian saussage. i hope youre kidding or atleast not that dumb lol

Dude I'm not reading all that.

The soul of troll is in brevity.

You're wasting your time: what you need to be doing is watching the Walker Texas Ranger episode that starred Frank Shamrock, or the Godzilla movie that co-starred Don Frye.

wow dude im gonna assume you're being silly here but mrs foldger gettin some brazillian saussage. i hope youre kidding or atleast not that dumb lol
Although Eduardo is from Brazil he considers himself european (his parents are Portuguese immigrants with Italian lineage as well)

.....Also I'm not homosexual in the least (im comfortable enough with my masculinity that i wore a T back swimming wear
which is a male thong type trunk that Eduardo recommended ,
to our families recent labor day vacation to lake erie)
But his eyes are quite green and whimsical to look at if I do say so myself

he showed me his family coat of arms recently as well and a sword he let me play with that men have used and passed down for generations in his family:)

Last edited:
You're wasting your time: what you need to be doing is watching the Walker Texas Ranger episode that starred Frank Shamrock, or the Godzilla movie that co-starred Don Frye.
Ive actually been looking into buying the WTR complete series boxset on bluray, since mrs Folder is a big wilford brimley fan (remind her of her father)
So that is definitely a good incentive to check it out now
;)

How hard did your wife roll her eyes as you paused the movie to take a picture of every single fighter you recognized?

How hard did your wife roll her eyes as you paused the movie to take a picture of every single fighter you recognized?
For your information I took these pictures the first time I saw it with "da crew" (My cul de sac's neighborhood watch)

and yes....... more than a few of them berated me relentlessly as I did it:(

Although Eduardo is from Brazil he considers himself european (his parents are Portuguese immigrants with Italian lineage as well)

.....Also I'm not homosexual in the least (im comfortable enough with my masculinity that i wore a T back swimming wear
which is a male thong type trunk that Eduardo recommended ,
to our families recent labor day vacation to lake erie)
But his eyes are quite green and whimsical to look at if I do say so myself

he showed me his family coat of arms recently as well and a sword he let me play with that men have used and passed down for generations in his family:)

{<jordan}<{MingNope}><8>10/10

If she's not up for 'Never Surrender' try 'The Death and Life of Bobby Z' it's got Paul Walker, Laurence Fishburne, Olivia Wilde and a load of MMA fighters in it. Pat Miletich, Chuck Liddell, Oleg Taktarov, Robbie Lawler, Rory Markham, Tim Sylvia, Ben Rothwell, I think that's it but I may have missed one or two.

All the fights in it are MMA fights, so it's not just punching and kicking but I seem to recall arm bar attempts too.

It's been a while since I've seen it so it may be terrible but it does have a lot of UFC fighters in it and in a shower scene involving them if that's either of your things.

Back