Watched the OG total recall today

I didn't care too much for the film, but Kate Beckinsale gave an all-time great female action performance.
I wish she'd given Colin the face-kicking that Sharon gave Arnie.

How do you reintroduce a new audience to old media then?
By showing it to them?

They would have to change the title.
Why?

The title of the movie tells you what it was.
How?

I'm not sure that you need to censor the middle titty
You don't need to censor any of them. Censor's a dirty word.

So OG means original? How damn lazy is everyone getting?
This.

Last edited:
Disagree. The open ended conclusion makes it more memorable, like Inception.

That’s another aspect of the remake that was inferior: it was more definitive in its answer about whether or not Quaid was just living his recall dream or if it was all really happening.

Inception isn't really an open ending unless you fell for the red herring that was the top

I like to think in Total Recall he was actually an agent and it wasn't a dream. Better that way, IMO.

Huh? Explain.

The top isn't DeCaprio's totem, it's his wife's. His actual totem is his wedding ring. He has it on when he is in the dream world. At the end of the movie you see him without the wedding ring as he is reunited with his kids. Also the kids are bigger/older when he sees them again (they are even played by a different set of child actors) and in different clothes which would be impossible if he was still in the dream world.

Yep. The original is awesome. I also liked the remake. I thought it was very well done.

I've been waiting since 1990 for a brunette to grab my dick and ask me what I feed it just so I can say this

Me too. But the answer's much different in a post-2016 world <21>

This, Robocop, and Starship Troppers are Paul V’s best work in my opinion

See you at the party

The crappy conclusion sequence and drop off in quality seals it for Robocop as his greatest movie otherwise it would be close.

Damn it's been a while since I watched that. All I'm remembering right now is triple tits, monster in my belly, Arnold pulling that ball out of his nose and at the end when his eyes are bulging out after he escapes.

Wow! This is EXACTLY all I remember about this movie. I was too young when it came out. I’ll have to give it a rewatch.

That movie definitely still holds up for sure. I still dont think Arnold has been as charming since that movie. You forget that he's always playing his accent up until you see that movie.

I rank Total Recall very highly. According to Verhoeven, most of the film was a dream and the bright light at the end symbolizes Quaid's total break from reality, as predicted by Dr. Edgemar. Verhoeven also thought that he made the film too violent, and I tend to agree. 10/10.

I always thought the perfect ending for the original would have been for Arnold to wake up in the chair at Recall and have everything be the implanted dream that he selected.

Use your head you dumb bitch. He's just acting out the secret agent portion of his Ego Trip

^^^Underrated post, IMO

Still haven't seen the remake. First one was too good.

Back