Watch Dogs 2 thread "Fool me once..." edition ***First Person Mod Released***

Gotten a few hours in, enjoying it a lot, interested in checking out the co-op thing. Has anyone tried that yet? Should I make a username list in the OP?

ps, an easy way to upgrade your weapons early is the rescue the hostage co-op mission

Rescue the hostage by opening the window covering behind him (have to use the rc for that) and sneaking right in. Then leave to end the mission and you go back and the place is still restricted but is empty with all weapons and money just lying there

Changing stations while driving is kind of a pain and I wish it actually showed you what was playing. I'm having trouble figuring out how the music thing works, too. What is the Shazam app actually for, anyway?

Also - they misspelled DJ Quik and Squarepusher is one word. D'oh!

The shazam thing is to add the track so you can listen to it anytime.

Yeah changing stations is a pain in the ass while driving, They should have just used the touchpad like GTA

Played a little this morning and did the mission where you have to steal the Knight Rider car. When you bust out of the container and Duran Duran starts playing I got so fucking geeked. Planet Earth has always been my favorite jam of theirs. One of my favorite gaming moments this year.

Really fun game, I enjoy ubisoft rendering of an open world, even if it is a bit confusing at first. They make really detailed cities.

Really fun game, I enjoy ubisoft rendering of an open world, even if it is a bit confusing at first. They make really detailed cities.

I suppose, feels so wrong for me having grown up there. The division did a much better job with midtown, I suppose due to focusing on a smaller area

I suppose, feels so wrong for me having grown up there. The division did a much better job with midtown, I suppose due to focusing on a smaller area

Yeah, I think they need to stick to fictional cities. I'm in Chicago and Watch Dogs 1 just didn't get it right at all - not to mention they couldn't even get the rights to the names of most of the buildings so it just felt second rate.

Make a city LIKE San Francisco or Chicago or whatever, but don't name it that.

LOL, just had this happen. There's one NPC who sits there flipping everyone off whenever I encounter him. Guess someone got sick of him.

Played about 5 more hours today. The time just flew by. Still some odd bugs and was really bummed that I had to start a mission all the way over again when I left the mission area (instead of just starting me at a checkpoint). Really don't get how they recorded car crashes - they either sound like they were recorded through a potato or there's no sound at all.

Got the drone and it's really cool for scouting an area. I like some of the new hacking features - like luring a rival gang out to clean out an area for you, or putting a fake APB out on a character so the cops arrest them. Driving still feels a LITTLE bit off. Turning is a bit touchy, maybe? And while it's a total nitpick I find it funny that Marcus will always dump a bike if you don't come to an ABSOLUTE complete stop first.

I like the scouting locations bit - almost like geocaching, which I like to do IRL from time to time. I wish I could put my finger on what makes GTA feel more alive over this. It's more than just having more traffic. Either way, Watch Dogs isn't GTA and I still am having fun with it!

giphy.gif

This definitely looks better than the first one. I might pick it up eventually. I'm not really into the hacking aspect, but they at least improved the driving mechanics and whatnot.

giphy.gif

This definitely looks better than the first one. I might pick it up eventually. I'm not really into the hacking aspect, but they at least improved the driving mechanics and whatnot.

Wow, Watch Dogs 2 has a Larry David NPC. Buying this for sure

Game gets more and more fun. However, the checkpoint system is practically nonexistent and that really needs to be fixed. Instead, they break a single mission up into smaller bites and if you die you start completely over. I was trying to get into the temple - snuck my way in, did the hacking puzzle and ended up falling to my death and having to do it all over. Once I did the puzzle any other game would have autosaved.

Couple more vids.

AI needs work, clearly, lol

Emotes! I love them.

Has Ubisoft... actually fixed their mistakes from the first game?

Has Ubisoft... actually fixed their mistakes from the first game?

Many of them, yes. There are still issues but I agree with the reviewers who say this is what the first should have been. I'd give it an 8.5 but I'd also encourage anyone on the fence to Redbox it if they are at all interested - to see how they like it. If they took their time on it, Watch Dogs 3 could really be amazing. Some things about WD2 still need a bit of tweaking but I am really enjoying it, aside from online which is still completely broken.

Last edited:
I think i must be about 50% through the game at this rate and its such a better game than the first.

I actually want to go home and finish this while at work rather than regretting buying the original.

Its not without its faults. I think the controls can feel clunky at times and i've had some frame rate drops but id give it a solid 7.5/ 8 out of 10.

I think i must be about 50% through the game at this rate and its such a better game than the first.

I actually want to go home and finish this while at work rather than regretting buying the original.

Its not without its faults. I think the controls can feel clunky at times and i've had some frame rate drops but id give it a solid 7.5/ 8 out of 10.

50% already?!? Damn, I wish I had that kind of time

xoz1UJ8.png

Looks like its only 45%

Now i worked out how to stream my ps4 to my laptop i've managed to gain a lot more game time.

I just fire it up on there when my mrs is watching some shitty program on tv.

xoz1UJ8.png

Looks like its only 45%

Now i worked out how to stream my ps4 to my laptop i've managed to gain a lot more game time.

I just fire it up on there when my mrs is watching some shitty program on tv.

So like stream the display thru twitch so you can play without the tv on? and there's no lag? That's genius

So like stream the display thru twitch so you can play without the tv on? and there's no lag? That's genius

No you can download the remote play plug in for your computer and it connects to your ps4.

Lag seems fine but i've not tried any multiplayer on it,

Video quality takes a drop but i'm using a 5 year old Macbook Air to do it so that could have something to do with it.

BABzU1k.jpg

No you can download the remote play plug in for your computer and it connects to your ps4.

Lag seems fine but i've not tried any multiplayer on it,

Video quality takes a drop but i'm using a 5 year old Macbook Air to do it so that could have something to do with it.

BABzU1k.jpg

oh, I see. Got a link to the plugin? I'll have to look into that.

I'm 69% complete...I love and hate these games. Love them because they keep my interest like this (and that's rare), and hate them because I spend entire weekends on them and don't get any shit done that I'm supposed to. There's always ONE MORE thing I wanna do.

I should have every achievement unlocked in the next couple of days, aside from the online ones since that still doesn't work at all. Was pretty cool to see cameos from the first WD game too.

Just beat it. Story got somewhat better but the ending was really anticlimactic. This and Dark Souls 3 are my GOTYs so far. Soundtrack needed work and there were some bugs here and there, got kind of sick of the story by the end, but not the gameplay...the missions - some of those missions were a lot of fun. And using the drone and RC car was just what this game needed. I felt like such a G when I would complete a mission without Marcus even setting foot in a restricted area - although the blackout and the ability to make everyone's phone ring at once are OP and made the last few levels way too easy.

Sniper rifle was worthless. For a game that is supposed to be stealthy, it's a crime to not have a silenced sniper rifle.

Online just went up today too. Invasions are fun as hell. I had one guy invade me but I found him before he got my data - he ended up getting away, though. I invaded someone next - followed him in his car, and once he got out and around a corner, I got in his car and hid there. He never found me and I got away with the data.

Got 2 or 3 more trophies until I hit platinum. Played for about 40 hours so far.

Back