Was Your Thread Deleted Or Moved??? Ask about it here

When a thread is deleted it's either because the OP violates the rules or because the thread is filled with inappropriate comments.

If it's Wastelanded then it's either a joke thread, a topic that's been done to death, ranking thread, or fantasy matchup.

Cewl. Thanks.

I have had 2 thread vanish into thin air. Both threads were a concern I had about dead fighters profile on sherdog and how their age keeps going up every year. Evan Tanner was 37 in 2008 when he died and his profile says he is 43.
It is disrespectful to the fighters that they aren't even recognized or its like they are forgotten about. Who do I have to contact?

I have had 2 thread vanish into thin air. Both threads were a concern I had about dead fighters profile on sherdog and how their age keeps going up every year. Evan Tanner was 37 in 2008 when he died and his profile says he is 43.
It is disrespectful to the fighters that they aren't even recognized or its like they are forgotten about. Who do I have to contact?

That's Foster's field. He said that for whatever reason Fight Finder isn't capable of freezing someones age after they died. That isn't a capability of the software. You responded and obviously still can't accept this reality. It's not going to change. If you don't like it I might suggest that you quit using Fight Finder and switch to Wikipedia.

And both had been done multiple times, not a forum issue and to be honest it is in no way disrespectful to anyone as most, as you just stated, are perfectly aware he's not still alive and aging and the fact they are still on fight finder, a place for active fighters, shows they are anything but forgotten.

The tech admin and the guy who updates are aware and there is nothing further to be done for it for us here on a forum level.

Have a great evening

*Edit
You were the one who also made the exact same thread last year and you got your answer then as well.

It would involve changing the programming to stop aging on just certain profiles and not a viable option.
This answer came from the tech guy last year.
Let's not beat a dead horse a 3rd time.

Last edited:
And neither is anyone else

Awwwww snap!!!!

But really, I don't see a recently deleted thread, aside from an old NFL chat thread.

Conspiracy!

Maybe I'm just drunk

gD0FZHN.png

I never got an answer until now. First thread had no answers at all and a lot of people were unaware of the issue. In the 2nd one he said he wasn't going to change it making it sound like it was his choice not to change it. So It took me 3 trys to finally get a somewhat straight answer. So sorry to bother you with a legit concern.
If a lot of people were unaware of the issue it would seem that it's not a legit concern.

I'd like to see how the website is coded to figure out why they can't change it. That seems rather bizarre but I was never good at server-side scripting so I guess it's just one of those things.

I'd like to see how the website is coded to figure out why they can't change it. That seems rather bizarre but I was never good at server-side scripting so I guess it's just one of those things.

It actually would be fairly easy to just to add a bit flag column 'IsDeceased' to a table but is it really that big a deal that a dead fighter's age is incrementing each year?

It actually would be fairly easy to just to add a bit flag column 'IsDeceased' to a table but is it really that big a deal that a dead fighter's age is incrementing each year?

Not even remotely. It didn't become something to even take notice on until I read about the change in code.

Back