Was Your Thread Deleted Or Moved??? Ask about it here

BAM

Sweetheart
Platinum Member
Reaction score
here you can get your answers if you don't know.

Read this thread before posting

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/wasteland-guide-2036145/

If you are still confused after reading that post, please ask your question politely and we will answer it. Note, this is not a rant thread - abusive, rude and trolling posts will receive infractions. To uninvolved parties, do not clutter the thread w/ unrelated, unhelpful, or condescending banter and chatting .

Cheers

Last edited:
So here's a good example of a thread I started that got Wastelanded, where I can't really figure out why.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/brock-didnt-shoot-because-he-couldnt-1948343/

It's not a joke thread; it was about a real, relevant fight; it didn't violate any of the rules that you laid out in the Wasteland explanation thread. I was trying to express a serious piece of fight analysis-- my contention was (and is) that the reason Lesnar didn't shoot on Overeem was because he had taken too much damage to the body and couldn't generate any power. (At the time, there was maybe a dozen threads asking why Brock didn't shoot.) Now, you're free to say that my analysis is incorrect, and some people in the thread did. That's fine. I just don't quite get why it's Wasteland worthy. This is just one particular example, and I'm not upset about it or anything, but it seems like sometimes genuine attempts to offer analysis get Wastelanded, whereas flamebait that we've seen a thousand times like "Jon Jones is arrogant" sticks around.

Look, I 100% understand that you guys deal with a ton of traffic, threads, etc., and that you can't be completely consistent. Just curious if there's something I'm not seeing.

I too have had a few threads wastelanded, and never managed to figure out why. At least now there is a place to have some dialog about this, and maybe clear out any misunderstanding between the topic creators and the moderators. Thanks to the mods for setting this up.

So here's a good example of a thread I started that got Wastelanded, where I can't really figure out why.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/brock-didnt-shoot-because-he-couldnt-1948343/

It's not a joke thread; it was about a real, relevant fight; it didn't violate any of the rules that you laid out in the Wasteland explanation thread. I was trying to express a serious piece of fight analysis-- my contention was (and is) that the reason Lesnar didn't shoot on Overeem was because he had taken too much damage to the body and couldn't generate any power. (At the time, there was maybe a dozen threads asking why Brock didn't shoot.) Now, you're free to say that my analysis is incorrect, and some people in the thread did. That's fine. I just don't quite get why it's Wasteland worthy. This is just one particular example, and I'm not upset about it or anything, but it seems like sometimes genuine attempts to offer analysis get Wastelanded, whereas flamebait that we've seen a thousand times like "Jon Jones is arrogant" sticks around.

Look, I 100% understand that you guys deal with a ton of traffic, threads, etc., and that you can't be completely consistent. Just curious if there's something I'm not seeing.

You have to remember when you made that thread. There were dozens of threads about the same/similar topics, and repeat threads end up getting Wastelanded after fight nights. It's usually done chronologically, first come first serve. It may not be a perfect system, but that's the way it works.

Hello,
I just had a thread on Mike Easton deleted. I was wondering if someone could explain why it was deleted as I thought it was within the rules and I also believe it was an interesting subject. He's an up and coming talent who has a fight tomorrow. The thread was titled something like "Is tomorrow night going to be Mike Easton's coming out party." I was just curious why it was deleted so I can know what to avoid. Thanks!

Hello,
I just had a thread on Mike Easton deleted. I was wondering if someone could explain why it was deleted as I thought it was within the rules and I also believe it was an interesting subject. He's an up and coming talent who has a fight tomorrow. The thread was titled something like "Is tomorrow night going to be Mike Easton's coming out party." I was just curious why it was deleted so I can know what to avoid. Thanks!

nothing wrong with the thread, just an issue of timing.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/ufc-fight-night-thread-starting-1974139/

it's a tight ship during fight nights, had you made this thread yesterday or maybe 4 hours ago it would have stayed. You'll only run into this during UFC fight nights.

Cheers

I was wondering why my thread suggesting Dodson fight John Lineker was moved.

Both Johns are in the UFC and can fight at both 135 and 125. I don't see the issue.

Mir vs Werdum

They are both in the same org and there is high chance that they could fight this year. Why was it wastelanded i want that forum reinstated. Soon as it goes there the thread dies.

I was wondering why my thread suggesting Dodson fight John Lineker was moved.

Both Johns are in the UFC and can fight at both 135 and 125. I don't see the issue.

your thread involved jumping weight classes for a fight that isn't going to happen in the immediate future. Also, see below.

Mir vs Werdum

They are both in the same org and there is high chance that they could fight this year. Why was it wastelanded i want that forum reinstated. Soon as it goes there the thread dies.

Generally, threads that are just 'X v Y, who do you think would win if that happened' get moved, because the UFC/Worldwide forum would be flooded with them. You could make 10 threads per fighter - Penn should fight Maynard, Penn should fight Hendricks, Penn should fight Fitch, etc.

If there were talks by Dana, Joe Silva or the fighters about it possibly happening, then there's an exception.

I hope this was of use,

Cheers

Last edited:
It's a UFC thread. Barnett is a SF fighter and the rules sticky clearly states not to make SF threads in the heavies. If you can't be bothered to put your thread in the correct forum, expect it to get wastelanded.

I didn't move it so I'm not sure - maybe it was Rehashed MMA.....eh?! No :/

I didn't move it so I'm not sure - maybe it was Rehashed MMA.....eh?! No :/

okay_face_guy_postcard-p239169425656832751z85wg_400.jpg

Thanks for the response.

Edit: I JUST got your joke. :)

Could you please explain why the 'I Think i'm Bi' thread has been locked in the OT.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Could you please explain why the 'I Think i'm Bi' thread has been locked in the OT.

Thanks.

It was getting way off topic and a little too graphic.

If it had been dumped or deleted everyone would have lost their posts so I just shut it down.

Back