Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A senior mod I was speaking with asked I ask here about this deleted thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...ke-rockhold-vs-yoel-romero-is-a-lock.3706797/

It appears it was deleted by a mod who does not understand American betting odds.

TITLE: ATTENTION UFC BETTERS: Luke Rockhold vs.Yoel Romero is a lock!

OP: This looks like an arbitrage in the stock market.

Right now Luke is +150 on BetDSI: https://www.betdsi.eu/mma-betting/?TOKEN=HYF8nzUMOp0ARWzprkNf1mNd7ZgqdRLk

At the same time Yoel is +130 on 5Dimes: https://www.5dimes.eu/default.asp

In other words, If I bet $100 on both of them and Luke wins, I would win $50 and if Yoel wins I would win $30, no?
----------
It already had several replies and then seemed to vanish. Any idea?
After further discussion, your thread has been moved to the MMA Betting subforum.

Hi Mods

Why did my thread:
UFC FN 126 Burkman vs Morono: loser leaves town (i hope)

Got deleted yesterday? No fighter bashing, no user shaming etc. I always try to keep things classy even if some other users are not that classy.

Got not reason and no message why it was deleted.

Hi Mods

Why did my thread:
UFC FN 126 Burkman vs Morono: loser leaves town (i hope)

Got deleted yesterday? No fighter bashing, no user shaming etc. I always try to keep things classy even if some other users are not that classy.

Got not reason and no message why it was deleted.
Not only was it a duplicate thread that was done to death yesterday that would incite nothing but people bashing and questioning Burkman's legitimacy, you also managed to question Morono's as well.

"Hope the loser gonna get cut. Winner too."

Not only was it a duplicate thread that was done to death yesterday that would incite nothing but people bashing and questioning Burkman's legitimacy, you also managed to question Morono's as well.

"Hope the loser gonna get cut. Winner too."

Thanks for answer. To be honest i'm a bit disappointed.

I started it on Saturday- how it could be a duplicate of threads from Sunday? Also, If my fighter legitimacy questioning in "hope x and y gonna get cut" is worth deleting thread, I'm surprised that we have any threads on sherdog where "cans" and "bums" are in many threads per day. How i can discuss in other any way somebody's legitimacy, who's now 2-8 in his last 11? Concerning Morono: I hope you are aware that much better fighter's legitimacy is being questioned each day. In any Fedor thread you can read he was can crusher...

Love this forum, since day one when I've signed, i got totally sucked in. But this explanation is just...

Why did my cro cop thread move to worldwide mma forum? He's former pride fighter.

lol why did you move my thread to wasteland? Is not like is a troll thread or anything.
And seem like no one is offended
Historically revisionist threads lacking in OP that are also suspiciously parochial in subject matter almost always spell one having it out for a fighter or then otherwise landmark chapter in MMA history. You've also previously characterised other legendary careers as little more than highlight reels of bums. You must understand that comments the sort don't give you much a leg to stand on here in saying you come into our Community with earnest or at least productive intentions.

Threads of this category, as a best practice, are what we house in the Wasteland section of the site or then remove outright. Slobodan was right to have relocated your thread where he had and showed you, if anything, undue leniency in having done so.

If you'd like your contributions here to be more respected, then please contribute more respectably.

Historically revisionist threads lacking in OP that are also suspiciously parochial in subject matter almost always spell one having it out for a fighter or then otherwise landmark chapter in MMA history. You've also previously characterised other legendary careers as little more than highlight reels of bums. You must understand that comments the sort don't give you much a leg to stand on here in saying you come into our Community with earnest or at least productive intentions.

Threads of this category, as a best practice, are what we house in the Wasteland section of the site or then remove outright. Slobodan was right to have relocated your thread where he had and showed you, if anything, undue leniency in having done so.

If you'd like your contributions here to be more respected, then please contribute more respectably.
It should not be in wasteland because is a criticism thread,in fact I don't even think it count as criticism thread.i just stated fact in the thread and half of the people agree with me

It should not be in wasteland because is a criticism thread,in fact I don't even think it count as criticism thread.i just stated fact in the thread and half of the people agree with me
As a new member I'm sure you've taken the time to familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines that are spelled out in the thread stuck at the top of the Heavies Forum.

As you can see in The Wasteland Hand Guide, MMA threads that are not suitable for the main fight subforums, will be redirected to The Wasteland for further discussion. Please note that this is not a demotion, but rather a more appropriate forum.

You can still carry on a discussion in your thread despite it being move to the proper subforum.

As a new member I'm sure you've taken the time to familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines that are spelled out in the thread stuck at the top of the Heavies Forum.

As you can see in The Wasteland Hand Guide, MMA threads that are not suitable for the main fight subforums, will be redirected to The Wasteland for further discussion. Please note that this is not a demotion, but rather a more appropriate forum.

You can still carry on a discussion in your thread despite it being move to the proper subforum.
Ok thx

Wtf man! why was my Ronda Rousey thread deleted!? Threads about ppv buys and nicknames don't but my quality thread gets deleted?

Wtf man! why was my Ronda Rousey thread deleted!? Threads about ppv buys and nicknames don't but my quality thread gets deleted?
Your thread contained multiple unauthorized full fight videos or links to those videos, which is not permitted.

Your thread contained multiple unauthorized full fight videos or links to those videos, which is not permitted.
So if I removed them it would be ok? The majority of them were from youtube not some illegal upload. Full fights are still not allowed even if they are on youtube? Would I need to remove ALL the videos?

So if I removed them it would be ok? The majority of them were from youtube not some illegal upload. Full fights are still not allowed even if they are on youtube?
Unless the clips are posted on the UFC's official youtube channel, they are copyrighted materials and not allowed on here. Several links were to dailymotion and vimeo videos, and others had reversed themselves on youtube to avoid copyright detection.

Unless the clips are posted on the UFC's official youtube channel, they are copyrighted materials and not allowed on here. Several links were to dailymotion and vimeo videos, and others had reversed themselves on youtube to avoid copyright detection.
Are highlight videos ok?

Are highlight videos ok?
If posted by the UFC, or an authorized media outlet (read: a major one), then yes. Otherwise, goober mcgee's highlight video from "face punch city youtube channel" probably is not ok.

If posted by the UFC, or an authorized media outlet (read: a major one), then yes. Otherwise, goober mcgee's highlight video from "face punch city youtube channel" probably is not ok.
Thanks. I never knew that and I've been here for a while. Lol. I'll play it safe and just leave them out. Was that the only problem with it?

Thanks. I never knew that and I've been here for a while. Lol. I'll play it safe and just leave them out. Was that was the only problem with it?
Yeah it was fine from what I saw, it was just the videos that could cause copyright issues, and ain't nobody got time for that. Also, you did spell Rousey's last name "Rosey", but that wasn't why it was deleted. Gifs/images are ok, video content usually isn't.

Yeah it was fine from what I saw, it was just the videos that could cause copyright issues, and ain't nobody got time for that. Also, you did spell Rousey's last name "Rosey", but that wasn't why it was deleted. Gifs/images are ok, video content usually isn't.
Ok cool. Stupid auto correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back