Was Ward Kovalev II a bad stopage?

Was Ward Kovalev II a bad stopage?

• Total voters

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I know there are a couple of threads on this, but I just want to see what the consensus is around here so I made a poll. Personally I thought it was a bad stoppage. Ward also should have been warned for punching him in the dick.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The first shot that hurt his body was completely legal and had Kova look to the ref for help.

He was done after this.

Last edited:
The first shot that hurt his body was completely legal and had Kova look to the ref for help.

He was done.

Look at the video in the OP. It's in Slow motion and is clearly a low blow.

Edit: I'll even make a gif for you. It was a low blow.
giphy.gif

Looked like low blow.

Look at the video in the OP. It's in Slow motion and is clearly a low blow.
No, it wasn't. It was a hooked body shot that grazed the pants at best. The impact of the blow was on the belt line.

No, it wasn't. It was a hooked body shot that grazed the pants at best. The impact of the blow was on the belt line.

Are you blind or something? You can clearly see the impact.

giphy.gif

True but that doesn't validate a foul.

Sure it does when you're crying to the ref for help from legit shots.

He was looking to be saved and the ref saved him.

The first body(It was more of a 1-2, actually) shot that really hurt him was 100% legal and he was crying that it was a low blow and looking for help.

Last edited:
He was already hurt before that by completely legit shots.

I agree that Kovalev was on queer street and was getting lit up, but he was hit low at the end of the fight and if anything he deserved a count if the ref felt the ropes where holding him up.

I agree that Kovalev was on queer street and was getting lit up, but he was hit low at the end of the fight and if anything he deserved a count if the ref felt the ropes where holding him up.

He stopped the fight because he wasn't defending himself not because the ropes were holding him up.

Do you know basic male anatomy? The impact is on the belt line.

Yes I do. I think Ward is a good dude and a great fighter, but that stoppage was still bullshit. I can see your biased with your AV, so you kind of lose any credibility.

I was actually pulling for Ward as I'll usually root for the American fighter, but that was a bad stoppage. I also thought that Kovalev won their first fight, but it was super close and not a robbery.

He stopped the fight because he wasn't defending himself not because the ropes were holding him up.

He was still hit low at the end of the fight. You're entitled to your opinion so we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Looks low, didn't vote since didn't see rest of fight so unsure of context. If he was pretty much done b4 that blow then refs judgement to save some brain cells ok.

Wonder if Conor and Floyd taking notes sort of reminds me of eye pokes that get way with.

It was a bad stoppage. It robbed Ward of a clear win , I know some fans say it's clear (but there is descent for a reason and it's not only hate driven )

Looks low, didn't vote since didn't see rest of fight so unsure of context. If he was pretty much done b4 that blow then refs judgement to save some brain cells ok.

Wonder if Conor and Floyd taking notes sort of reminds me of eye pokes that get way with.

Here's the end of the fight if you're interested.

People saying kov didn't protest. No shit, he thought the ref was stopping for the low blows. Then when he realized he was calling the fight after being bit in the nuts he was in disbelief.

Kov was apparently up on one card and down by 1 round on the other two. Ward should have been warned once with a point for the second putting kov up by 2 on one card and even on the others plus a break to shake off the head shot and catch his breath due to the low blows stoppage with then 4 rounds to go

Anyone saying this fight was over regardless is delusional if it were called properly

Back