Was Ubereem the best MMA fighter of all time?

But there's not enough of a sample size regarding Overeem during that time period against high level MMA fighters. Duffee, Rogers, Werdum, Lesnar. Duffee sucks. Rogers sucks. He looked like shit in the Werdum fight, rumour has it because he was drug tested heavily leading up to it, and his camp was leery about having him do his regular gear cycles. Lesnar was coming off a long layoff. Overeem's career ended after that (No, no one cares about him afterwards). He was literally a product of massive amounts of gear. Went from mediocre journeyman, to top ranked fighter, right back to mediocre.

The K1 Grand Prix was fun but K1 was about as shoddy an organization as there was.

He also submitted Hunt and was beating Cro Cop before he accidentally kneed him in the balls resulting in a NC. And I disagree. Rogers has a skill set similar to Derrick Lewis and just beat prime Arlovski and gave Fedor a fight. He wasn't a can. Duffee is still only 32 and could still beat UFC heavyweights to this day and at one point was considering the next HW champion after beating 3 people in less than 3 minutes in the UFC. On the UFC his only losses are Russow and Mir. He was beating the piss out of Russow for 3 rounds and was in a firefighter vs Mir. He's no can. Those two guys are easily better than the Walt Harris and Mark God beers of the world that currently populate the UFC hw division.

As far as K1. You suggesting the fights were fixed or something? Lol c'mon man.

Last edited:
DqCWxhEX4AAdZvy

From Ubereem to this. It's sad to see how far the mighty have fallen. Just let them all eat horse meat is what I say

I believed his decline was based on the lack of supplements and more importantly the switching of his camp to the United States. He had somewhat of a fallout with golden glory and we all sort of seen it with other fighters that left their camp at their peak. It wasn't a Jones thing where he left bomb squad for a "better" gym when he made it.

Alistair Overeem become Ubereem sometime around 2008 in Dream and ended in 2012 when he tested positive for PED's. During that time he went 10-0 in MMA with 9 finishes. The only non-finish was when a prime Werdum was literally begging him to not strike and to grapple. Also won the K1 Grand Prix and had K1 wins over Badr Hari, Peter Aerts x2, Tyrone Spong, and Gokhan Saki during that time frame.

It's not just who you beat it's how you beat them.

He kneed Fujita into oblivion and almost a coma.
s8WYrc-LPB6Txoo_VhxLNmgWtYff7H0zaWB9J7F0p1s.gif

tumblr_m70ninwbHD1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

He ragdolled a 265 lb Brett Rogers and beat the fuck out of him. The same Rogers who just knocked out 29 year old Arlovski and gave Fedor a tough fight.
ParallelDelayedAmericanindianhorse-size_restricted.gif

6xun11.jpg

He dispatched young stud Todd Duffee in seconds. The same Duffee who had 3 UFC wins in less than 3 minutes combined.
Overeem+GIF+1.gif

A prime Werdum was so scared all he could do to avoid being KO'd was flop around and beg Overeem to come to the ground the entire fight
69bb850fcf81afa2b746e1759de792b3.gif

He then kicked Lesnar so hard in the liver he made him quit the sport.
fc141aovetkobles.gif%3Fw%3D660

10-0 with 9 finishes (all in the first round)

Throw out all the P4P talk. Was a Prime 29-31 year old 265 lb Ubereem, a guy Joe Rogan called " genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend", the best fighter of all-time? I think he might be. God I wish he never popped for roids and they just allowed these guys to juice up freely and give the fans the best fights possible.

zLSyyAkxZvNv2.gif

Alistair-Overeem_original_crop_exact.jpg
Really wish Saki had gotten a rematch with Reem. He was fucking him up even with a broken arm and a broken rib. Easily would have won that GP if not for the brutal fight with Ghita.

beat up on minor leaguers mostly. rogers is one of his best wins during his run and rogers turned out to be a has been pretty much after that fight

It was a monster for sure but i wouldn't say the best ever.
Uberknees were the most damaging strikes ever tho...

He also submitted Hunt and was beating Cro Cop before he accidentally kneed him in the balls resulting in a NC. And I disagree. Rogers has a skill set similar to Derrick Lewis and just beat prime Arlovski and gave Fedor a fight. He wasn't a can. Duffee is still only 32 and could still beat UFC heavyweights to this day and at one point was considering the next HW champion after beating 3 people in less than 3 minutes in the UFC. On the UFC his only losses are Russow and Mir. He was beating the piss out of Russow for 3 rounds and was in a firefighter vs Mir. He's no can. Those two guys are easily better than the Walt Harris and Mark God beers of the world that currently populate the UFC hw division.

As far as K1. You suggesting the fights were fixed or something? Lol c'mon man.

I think Reems biggest weakness was his boxing/chin though, in K-1 he basically worked out a style were he hid behind the gloves and his giant arms and stalked opponents but in MMA he couldn't do that, you see the problem in the second fight vs Werdum who was landing on him quite a lot.

Bas rutten ones explained that during his time with golden glory everybody knew that he has a glass chin. Thats why he was only aloud to throw one or two punches. After he left he start throwing combo's and went fighting with his hands low.

Overeem is my favorite HW. Ubereem was unbeatable IMO. Once his UFC contract is up, I hope to see him in Bellator or Rizin so we can bring Ubereem back. Horsemeat or not, he was entertaining as hell.

Plus, even though it's overdue, I wanna see Reem fight Fedor

He was definitely the baddest man on the planet for a short period.

Heavyweight MMA is so unpredictable. It's the one division were literally anything goes.

Nobody has really got near Fedor like dominance in the division. Big guys carry more power and usually gas a little quicker. Leaves less room for error, which is probably why we see so many upsets.

Back