Was the Millender fight stopped early?

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I didn't see the whole fight but the KO... It appears Alves went down staring up, inviting guard. Then he awkwardly rolled to his side when it was stopped.

Also begs the question: do fighters persuade the refs by stopping their own fights early?

On paper it's like the cycle of life in MMA. I remember knowing who Karo was, not knowing Alves who KOed him with a knee

No Mario, it was a good stoppage.

L3fq0K1.gif

Lol Alves was flat on his back, he looked like he didn’t even know where he was.

Slightly. Its the new normal though. Yancy wasn't completely done either.

Tybura fight was a perfect stoppage, not early not late.

At first I thought maybe but then after the replay not really. Alves was flat on the floor exposed and lost. He would have probably ate some clean ground and pound.

I think it makes sense in a fight that is mostly one sided, that isn't a top 6 kind of match that can be career defining.

I watched Magny vs Lombard the other day, which seemed like such a late stoppage at the time. But I didn't feel that way at all watching it again. Probably because I had been watching old Pride fights before that.

No, but I feel like Millender made his second mistake by NOT adding some more punches.

He did miss a few shots, but Alves looked out of it.

At first I thought maybe but then after the replay not really. Alves was flat on the floor exposed and lost. He would have probably ate some clean ground and pound.

You can see that his eyes were rolling into the back of his head already. If they let Millender get a few extra shots, I wouldn’t have complained but, I’m not complaining about this one either. He was done.

So has the backlash of the Yamasaki fight scared refs into stopping fights early?

No and even in the first round Thiago looked like he was hoping the ref would stop it.

That's what I was looking for, I missed the context of the fight.

As for if the Yamasaki fight gets fights stopped early... That extends to all fights

Nah. I could see how some might get that idea, but he had been savaged pretty badly in the 1st round and when he went down off the knee he had that look in his eyes like Chuck.

He was certainly stunned but Mill could have sealed the deal a bit more.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Octagon again.

Bc Thiago was already concussed before that blow, that was just the icing on the cake. Great stoppage.

Back