Was Petrosyan Vs Zambidis a robbery?

King_Brown

#AndStill #1 bettor on Sherdog ($4300)
Banned
Reaction score
I read that many people had Zambidis winning. Zambidis controlled the ring and landed few overhands which didn't faze Petro but Petro landed leg kicks and knees. Imo right guy won.

Not by a long shot. Zambo doesn't even have a case unless that slip was ruled a KD I think.

That was the year HDNet introduced a lot of new people to K-1 and people were riding the high of Zambo vs. Chahid. I think a lot of those guys were rooting for Zambo, but effective shots should take precedence over aggression every time (not that K-1 was great about enforcing this).

Fight fans throw around the word robbery way too much. A robbery is when a fighter clearly wins but the judges give it to his opponent. A close fight that you think should of gone the other way is not a robbery. Its called a gift decision. And I had Petro winning this.

Fight fans throw around the word robbery way too much. A robbery is when a fighter clearly wins but the judges give it to his opponent. A close fight that you think should of gone the other way is not a robbery. Its called a gift decision. And I had Petro winning this.
Gift is when someone is favoured by the judges/promotion. Not much different from a robbery.

If people don't agree with the decision in a close fight, it's a controversial decision but not necessarily a robbery.

I read that many people had Zambidis winning. Zambidis controlled the ring and landed few overhands which didn't faze Petro but Petro landed leg kicks and knees. Imo right guy won.

Several years ago I watched this fight and even rooting for Zambidis I didn't disagreed that Giorgio won, but... I think I'm gonna watch it again to see if I stand on my previous decision.

Ok... After rewatch the fight I say that Petrosyan out point him. He won clearly. Round 1 and 3 for him without a doubt and the 2nd round was close and could had gone either way. Good fight tough...

Had Petro winning that one, he clearly won round 1 and 3

For me it was the right decision, haters always say robbery at petro's fights

Back