Was JBL best heel ever?

And something about all of them, they kept heat no matter what. Today you see heels like Elias, Alexa Bliss who get insane pops although they play strong heels. I don’t know if that’s just the era or if they were that much better.

Listening to Busted Open the other day and Bully Ray brought up a good point: So many fans are watching through the eyes of the critic or the connoisseur that they pop for good heel work. It takes a guy like Miz with his "When my hand goes up, your mouth goes shut" line in his back pocket to get things back on track.

JBL was legit.

GOAT? No

Million Dollar Man, Heenan, Flair, even Macho King....they had no redeeming qualities. Pure Heel

He's got a case for the last 15 years. How he didn't get at least another world title run when edge and orton had so many meh ones is beyond me. He's underrated as a performer because he's a dick and a "bad worker" 2.03-4.48

I saw a promo on Youtube although it doesn't seem to be there anymore, where it was an event in England and he just ran the crowd down "you people worship a queen! What kind of man bows down to a woman??" He was awesome.
Seems like that was a go to cheap heat for him. First house show that I attended he called Ireland England's bitch to huge boos<Lmaoo>.

Him doing the Hitler salute in Germany:

Him “kicking out illegal Mexicans at the border:

These are just two that I remember. If you have any please feel free to post them. What do you think. Is he one of the greatest heels of all time.?

Heard of Honda Howdy Hiper?

Him doing the Hitler salute in Germany:

Him “kicking out illegal Mexicans at the border:

These are just two that I remember. If you have any please feel free to post them. What do you think. Is he one of the greatest heels of all time.?

"It's a whole herd of Mexicans" pops me every time <Lmaoo>

First time seeing this so I was laughing my ass off

The WWF/E didn't build him up well. He was an APA guy, then turned heel and was shot right to the top. Given the comedy nature of the gimmick, I always felt he should have just had a long run fighting for the US title. After Brock and Eddy, JBL took a lot of luster off the SD! gold.

JBL would have never gotten stabbed in a crowd like Larry Zybszko. Until you're getting THAT kind of heat, you're not in the top 10. I think Slaughter got a ton of death threats when he was an Iraqi sympathizer too.
That kind of heat only existed mostly when people were still not sure if Wrestling was fake or not.

Its rare in the modern age to find someone under the age of 6 who does not know Wrestling is scripted.

The last incident I can think of was when the crowd outside a vancouver Arena had a few dinks that attacked Jericho because he screwed Shawn Micheals.

That kind of heat only existed mostly when people were still not sure if Wrestling was fake or not.

Its rare in the modern age to find someone under the age of 6 who does not know Wrestling is scripted.

The last incident I can think of was when the crowd outside a vancouver Arena had a few dinks that attacked Jericho because he screwed Shawn Micheals.

I don't even think it's limited to wrestling. Some people just think actors are IRL, who they play on screen. I remember seeing an interview with Jason Hervey(Wayne on The Wonder Years) saying how mothers would come up to him airports and tell him what an awful person he was.

Definitely one of the best heels of recent years who gave off an actual unlikeable vibe, and played the character perfectly. I think his character was also helped by having popular Mexican/Latino wrestlers to play off (Eddie, Rey etc.,).

As far as heat goes, Shane Douglas always seemed to get great heel reactions as "The Franchise" in ECW, especially the Pitbull #1 stuff. From what I've read Shane Douglas was legitimately disliked by quite a number of people backstage, so that probably helped.

I remember when he did the three amigos after Eddie died with a huge smile on his face to a massive chorus of boos. The only thing comparable was early NWO and Shawn beating the British Bulldog for the European Belt.

He was effective in getting me to change the channel.

The Million Dollar Man
The Mountie
The Honky Tonk Man

Those were all guys who were at the top of the heap for me.

No. If I were to say, Triple H is the greatest heel in pro wrestling history. Had a great gimmick and great finisher to go with it.

1999 to 2001 HHH

He never really drew money, but I hated him during this time and I was heavily wrapped up in the dirt sheets..

His Reign of Terror was the bad kind of heat, so I did not count that as his best he'll run. 1999 to 2001 will always stand out. They need a Darth Vader type of character like that today.

Back