Was Gina Carano the only woman to give Cyborg a run for her money?

Agreed on all fronts. And I was definitely a bit surprised with Holly's strength. I knew she was strong, but she looked physically stronger than Cyborg in the clinch much of the time, which I didn't expect at all.

Because holly has a better clinch game and uses her hips better. Cyborg just relies on size and power. It does not always come down to strength.

Look at Shevhenko clinching with Holm, who is much bigger and stronger than her. Yet all of Val's takedowns came from the clinch.

gina_carano_gifs_01.gif

gina_carano_gifs_02.gif

And of course the world famous sexy smile:
carano.gif
God dammit! What a blessed, beautiful hotty!

Gina is the perfect woman. Most of that 145 in the thicc bottom

Add 10 years and 10-15 pounds to any woman (I don't look at men), and they lose quite a bit.
51 year old Halle Berry:

Be careful with those absolutes.
EminentDeadlyGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

As to Gina being the Goat, Cyborg is the only true 145 lbs. fighter she fought. Gina's record is filled with 135 and 125 lbs. fighters. So, no.
This is the same rationale I use for why Cyborg is overrated and will never be the GOAT of anything: over 2/3 of her opponents were Bantamweights and Flyweights, never mind the fact that she's failed two drug tests for PEDs.

She beat the shit out of Carano. Holly did better than anyone against her by far (other than her loss in her debut of course). The Coenen fights were more competitive than the Carano one as well.

That fight was 9 years ago, it bares little relevance today. And from what I remember from watching it Gina got her ass kicked in less than a round.

51 year old Halle Berry:

Be careful with those absolutes.
EminentDeadlyGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

This is the same rationale I use for why Cyborg is overrated and will never be the GOAT of anything: over 2/3 of her opponents were Bantamweights and Flyweights, never mind the fact that she's failed two drug tests for PEDs.

You have provided the exception that proves the rule. If you had nude photos of Halle from when she was 25 and compared those photos to current nude photos, you would see quite a difference. She's still very attractive.

You have provided the exception that proves the rule. If you had nude photos of Halle from when she was 25 and compared those photos to current nude photos, you would see quite a difference. She's still very attractive.
If you don't want exceptional examples, then don't use absolute statements (why do I have to repeat myself?).

And I actually used an exceptional example with an even longer timeframe than you had originally specified; you said:
Add 10 years
Yet the example I used has a 25 year difference.

Here's a 10 year example:

HALLE-BERRY-IN-BOOMERANG-1992-oldpicture1.jpg

actress-halle-berry-arrives-for-world-premiere-of-the-new-james-bond-picture-id828545832

And don't ask me for nude photos...

Cyborg was also roided out to maximum levels due to poor accountability.

And Yana what's her face got Cyborg down with what looked like an extremely weak attempt. I wonder how Cyborg would do against a wrestler.

Even Ibragimova was able to tie up Cyborg for a while with her poor Khabib impression, nearly taking her down a couple of times.

If you don't want exceptional examples, then don't use absolute statements (why do I have to repeat myself?).

And I actually used an exceptional example with an even longer timeframe than you had originally specified; you said:

Yet the example I used has a 25 year difference.

Here's a 10 year example:

HALLE-BERRY-IN-BOOMERANG-1992-oldpicture1.jpg

actress-halle-berry-arrives-for-world-premiere-of-the-new-james-bond-picture-id828545832

And don't ask me for nude photos...

Okay two head shots, when she is clearly posing. We can't see if her elbows have become more pointy.

Holly, Coenen both times, even Tonya Evinger did better than Gina.

Evinger got finished after trying to run for a few rounds and Coenen was beaten from pillar to post twice.

Evinger was in the fight until the third round, she wasn't backing down, kept trying to strike and clinch with Cris, and used movement to survive. Cris herself said that Evinger was very tough, and possibly a tougher match up than Ronda could've been.

Coenen got beat up, but the first fight could've gone for longer, and she was sick (said she puked right before the fight) the second time around, and Cyborg still had trouble putting her away. Usually Cris grounds and pounds from a standing position to finish her opponents, she had to FULLY MOUNT Coenen during the fourth, because Coenen kept coming back. Also, after their first fight, Cris said that (up to that point) Marloes had been the hardest opponent she had faced, one who actually stood up and traded, clinched, and even attempted submissions against the Borg. A clean Cyborg would've lost to 2010 Coenen, who was much more technical and had a better grappling game on top of toughness beyond her peers.

Evinger was in the fight until the third round, she wasn't backing down, kept trying to strike and clinch with Cris, and used movement to survive. Cris herself said that Evinger was very tough, and possibly a tougher match up than Ronda could've been.

Coenen got beat up, but the first fight could've gone for longer, and she was sick (said she puked right before the fight) the second time around, and Cyborg still had trouble putting her away. Usually Cris grounds and pounds from a standing position to finish her opponents, she had to FULLY MOUNT Coenen during the fourth, because Coenen kept coming back. Also, after their first fight, Cris said that (up to that point) Marloes had been the hardest opponent she had faced, one who actually stood up and traded, clinched, and even attempted submissions against the Borg. A clean Cyborg would've lost to 2010 Coenen, who was much more technical and had a better grappling game on top of toughness beyond her peers.
Right. Evinger 'used movement to survive'--She ran and covered up. But she's a wily veteran and avoided the finish for a couple rounds. Fightmetric says she landed a total of 34 strikes in the match, 10 of those being baby leg kicks. Even worse, in the first Coenen fight, Coenen landed a total of 19 strikes. (They don't list the second fight) Both Coenen fights were close in the sense that the last two Cain/Dos Santos fights were close. They weren't. Did they survive for a few rounds? Yes. Were the fights close or ever in doubt? No. Holly is the only woman to go 5 rounds with Cyborg. Nunes may also take it the distance but that doesn't mean it will be close. The second Coenen fight was after Cyborg tested positive for steroids so it's likely she was clean for that fight. She later voluntarily entered the USADA testing pool while still in Invicta.

Last edited:
Back