Was Gina Carano the only woman to give Cyborg a run for her money?

Cyborg didn't destroy Holly Holm, she got out-boxed by Holly, actually, but Cyborg was more powerful.
It was a competitive fight.
Cyborg definitely didn't destroy Holm, but what fight were you watching to say Cyborg got out-boxed? I've heard this a few times I have no idea how people come to that conclusion. She out-struck Holly by a pretty good margin in every single round. Holly was never hurt badly or anything, but that fight really wasn't that close, and the judges were on crack to score it the way they did. I dunno, check the stats or something; of course they don't tell the whole story of fights, but they sure as hell tell the exact opposite of Holly out-boxing Cyborg.

Holly got smacked up by Cyborg. Holm's stance got her in trouble. I don't know what fight you were watching. Cyborg is actually quite technical when she wants to be. Even the moments that they traded; Holm's head snapped back with many punches. Holm is a physical specimen though; she might be the more physical stronger fighter.

Love Gina and respect her for trying to stand with the most roided version of Cyborg ever, but Holly Holm, Tonya Evinger, and Marloes Coenen were the only ones to ever stand up to Cris and not be absolutely demolished. A non juiced Cyborg probably would've been submitted by Coenen, but alas she was way too physically powerful.
Evinger got finished after trying to run for a few rounds and Coenen was beaten from pillar to post twice.

Cyborg didn't destroy Holly Holm, she got out-boxed by Holly, actually, but Cyborg was more powerful.

Man, cyborg wrecked Holly. She won every round if you look at that fight objectively.

She literally doubled Holly's strikes landed in every round. Holly looked like a domestic abuse victim while cyborg wasn't even scratched.

Holly got smacked up by Cyborg. Holm's stance got her in trouble. I don't know what fight you were watching. Cyborg is actually quite technical when she wants to be. Even the moments that they traded; Holm's head snapped back with many punches. Holm is a physical specimen though; she might be the more physical stronger fighter.
Agreed on all fronts. And I was definitely a bit surprised with Holly's strength. I knew she was strong, but she looked physically stronger than Cyborg in the clinch much of the time, which I didn't expect at all.

Agreed on all fronts. And I was definitely a bit surprised with Holly's strength. I knew she was strong, but she looked physically stronger than Cyborg in the clinch much of the time, which I didn't expect at all.

It was more that she consistently got the underhooks. In that position it’s more about leverage than strength.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Holly is physically stronger though. The woman’s built like an Amazon.

WTF, people hate Cyborg and love Holm, the bias is crazy. Should have been a clear 50-45 for Cyborg, who easily outstruck Holm while also landing all the best and heaviest shots.

holmcyborg.jpg

cyborg.jpg

That moment when Kunitskaya took her back.

I thought I was about to see some BJ Penn choking Matt Hughes type shit.

Okay, I take that back immediately - how dare I put her in the same sentence as Penn.

I feel dirty now.

It was more that she consistently got the underhooks. In that position it’s more about leverage than strength.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Holly is physically stronger though. The woman’s built like an Amazon.
Holly might not by physically stronger overall but she's certainly the physically stronger woman

Nah she didnt get outboxed by Holly.

Cyroids had to fight conservative to beat holm

Holly out-boxed Cyborg? I don't remember it that way.

0YYv7y4QMao.jpg
Add 10 years and 10-15 pounds to any woman (I don't look at men), and they lose quite a bit.

Gina - Cyborg was a brawl. Cyborg was out of position several times but Gina did minimal damage before going fetal at the end of the round. Cyborg has improved dramatically. By looking at them, can you tell which one was on roids?

From what I’ve seen so far Cyborg destroyed all her opponents and made it look easy, but Gina fought hard and gave her a hard time, so is Gina the goat since Cyborg was busted with Roids before?
Be fair for once people!

What?

No.

Marloes Coenen (who also fought at 135) went three and four rounds with Cyborg, Holly went the distance and picked up a round on the cards.

As to Gina being the Goat, Cyborg is the only true 145 lbs. fighter she fought. Gina's record is filled with 135 and 125 lbs. fighters. So, no.

Gina will remain the GOAT of all female weigh-ins for some time, I am certain.

Back