Was Gina Carano the only woman to give Cyborg a run for her money?

Holm made it to the decision in a 5 round fight, even if Cyborg was never in trouble that has to be her toughest fight to date.

I don’t remember Gina really doing any damage but it has been like 10 years since I saw that fight

Holly got smoked, but she did a much better job than Gina did against her.

Come to think of it, Carano could have done a lot better. Cyborg pulled mount like twice if I remember correctly and Carano just let her up
How does one pull mount?

I watched that fight live, and was a big Carano fan.

Gina Carano got demolished.

giphy.webp
<{1-69}>

Holm lasted 5 rounds because Cyborg was worried not to fool around her, a wise suggestion that Rowdy should have followed.
A lot of people thought that Holm would pick Cyborg at will, but what we saw was the other way around...

Not saying that Holm didn't pull an impressive performance on surviving Cyborg, I personally like them both, but that fight was more ish-ish than fight-fight...
Kinda like when two great guys on some strategy fight each other and both get afraid to make mistakes.

I didn't think Gina did very well. Cyborg would probably get wrecked if there were any outstanding female grappler her size with a dick.

Gina was so hot. Wmma was born and died with her. Never watched it since.

Love Gina and respect her for trying to stand with the most roided version of Cyborg ever, but Holly Holm, Tonya Evinger, and Marloes Coenen were the only ones to ever stand up to Cris and not be absolutely demolished. A non juiced Cyborg probably would've been submitted by Coenen, but alas she was way too physically powerful.

Gina was so damn fine back in the day and remains one of the holy trinity of WMMA that I am actually willing to watch. Methinks she probably doesn't look quite as amazing as she did a decade ago, though.
0YYv7y4QMao.jpg

Yeah but Cyborg didn’t have USADA against her then
Neither did gina.. Who got outclassed by talent not roids. It was not competitive at all. Holly did far better, because gina was the first rhonda... A pretty hype train. Anyone who thought gina could handle cyborg was delusional

Wouldn't say she gave her a run for her money. It looked like a beatdown to me. Gina showed immense heart though. Holm went the distance with her.

Neither did gina.. Who got outclassed by talent not roids. It was not competitive at all. Holly did far better, because gina was the first rhonda... A pretty hype train. Anyone who thought gina could handle cyborg was delusional
I didn’t but she mounted her and then let go, Holmes was just a punching bag at best!

i'll bite...

Haywire is one of the best B-movies ever.

Legend.

That fight was awhile ago, but I remember Gina getting desrtoyed by Cyborg. Gina still hottest fighter ever to me, but not GOAT as fighter. Not even close.

Holly for sure. Cyborg didn't respect Gina at all and basically went recklessly forward to throw hands. Gina did do a good job reversing her position twice on the ground.

Back