Was cro cop the perfect heavyweight?

He sure is one of the greatest HWs ever. I don't see any of the current guys beating him in his best years, but that is always hard to say.

However, I think someone like Fedor was the perfec HW.
We rarely see world class grapplers that also develops great, unpreditible striking, and has the speed of someone from a lighter division. When also several opponents claim he was the hardest hitter in MMA, you have a pretty good candidate.

...Something like Khabib and Conors love child would look like.

When they sent friendly tweets to each other in 2013-2014 and had a training session or 2 together I thought they would become unstoppable.

One of the best strikers of 145(at the time he hadnt fought at 155 in the UFC) and of the best grapplers of 155, they would have contrasted well and helped each other grow similar to Pettis/Askren, Gus/Phil, Werdum/CC, etc.

They should have buddied up imo

If not for the injuries and willing to fight injured at his determent, he's the prefect HW on paper. Especially later in his career when he developed a ground game. Shame it came later in his career.
I always thought he could have prolonged his career if he'd been willing to use his ground game more and more instead of reverting to stand up damn near all the time. It may have been dull but if he'd gone the Cheick Kongo route and laid on a few people he may have suffered fewer defeats and a lot less damage.
His ground n pound on the rare occasion we got to see it was brutal

I always thought he could have prolonged his career if he'd been willing to use his ground game more and more instead of reverting to stand up damn near all the time. It may have been dull but if he'd gone the Cheick Kongo route and laid on a few people he may have suffered fewer defeats and a lot less damage.
His ground n pound on the rare occasion we got to see it was brutal
He has excellent elbows.Finished Perosh with elbow,destroyed Gongaza with those,smashed Schaub's nose with elbow and i think he also made good damage to Ishii with elbows as well.

*Perfect physique for hw
*extremely fast for hw
*good boxing with ko power in both hand
*great striking defense * footwork
*got some of the kicks in mma history + hardest kicker
*best Tdd in mma history,literally no one can take him down.
*and good chin
Prime Cro cop would beat any hw in mma not name fedor

Evidently not. Dude was never even champ.

His only mistake was underestimating the cage and the use of elbows in his first UFC fights. Cost him a few losses.

But he has made the right décisions. Going back to K1 was a great choice.

Who can say that he competed in K1, Pride, Dream, UFC, Rizin and Glory ? Nobody

*Perfect physique for hw - No, see Francis
*extremely fast for hw - Agreed
*good boxing with ko power in both hand - Agreed
*great striking defense * footwork - Good but not great, can't be great when he got caught by so many fighters
*got some of the kicks in mma history + hardest kicker - Agreed, obviously
*best Tdd in mma history,literally no one can take him down. - "best" is reaching, but its good yes
*and good chin - No, Just no
Prime Cro cop would beat any hw in mma not name fedor - No way

Cro Cop actually never lost by being outwrestled

He beat Coleman and Waterman and Aliakbari. Some giant roided up wrestlers. Much higher level wrestlers than Cain and much bigger.

I don't think Cain's chin would have lasted a CC left straight.

*Perfect physique for hw - No, see Francis
*extremely fast for hw - Agreed
*good boxing with ko power in both hand - Agreed
*great striking defense * footwork - Good but not great, can't be great when he got caught by so many fighters
*got some of the kicks in mma history + hardest kicker - Agreed, obviously
*best Tdd in mma history,literally no one can take him down. - "best" is reaching, but its good yes
*and good chin - No, Just no
Prime Cro cop would beat any hw in mma not name fedor - No way
How was cro cop chin not good?

Who can say that he competed in K1, Pride, Dream, UFC, Rizin and Glory ? Nobody

Mousasi, almost. Not Glory and Rizin (yet) but he did the others plus Strikeforce and Bellator. And I expect him to do Rizin if that sticks around for a few more years.

Back