Was Conor's jab that grazed Floyd's nose the most ridiculous strike ever thrown in pro boxing?

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Judge for yourself:

8Vpa4x3.gif

Doesn't help that Floyd was literally laughing at him.

Good ol' SBG training. Hands low, no snap to your punches (especially the jab), flat footed, no cardio.

Are y'all stupid...When that clip happened the jab Conor threw before this snapped Floyd's head back hence the reason Floyd starts smiling... Conor was just measuring distance with his hand.

TThmyo.gif

anyway didn't seem like Conor was jabbing, more like gauging the distance

Ya he was gauging the distance alright
images

images

...that doesn't make him look any better.
i'd say throwing a punch with literally zero power is worse than gauging the distance and touching his nose.

i'd say throwing a punch with literally zero power is worse than gauging the distance and touching his nose.
You mean throwing punches at the air to try and figure out what you're doing in a live pay-per-view professional boxing contest...while the other guy already knows it so well that he's literally laughing at you with his hands down?

You mean throwing punches at the air to try and figure out what you're doing...while the other guy already knows it so well that he's laughing at you with his hands down?
that's not what i said but i bet you feel smart anyway

that's not what i said but i bet you feel smart anyway
I know, I'm explaining what you're claiming as an excuse.

BTW I added more detail.

"You mean throwing punches at the air to try and figure out what you're doing in a live pay-per-view professional boxing contest...while the other guy already knows it so well that he's literally laughing at you with his hands down?"

I know, I'm explaining what you're claiming as an excuse.
i didn't say it as an excuse. the thread is about if this is the weakest punch ever, and i just said he was probably checking the distance and not throwing a jab with power.

i didn't say it as an excuse. the thread is about if this is the weakest punch ever, and i just said he was probably checking the distance and not throwing a jab with power.
It says "most ridiculous" on my screen...

It says "most ridiculous" on my screen...
point taken. i guess a case could be made, but i personally don't see it as such. it doesn't look good for sure.

Back