Was Chris Lytle the most underrated fighter ever?

I wouldnt call him underrated. More underappreciated. He was certainly one of the best. Dont care what anyone says. He may not have had a title. But i seen him as a better fighter then randy couture. Most would agree. Hell as a matt brown fan i remember being angry that he signed on to fight lytle.

Keep under rating him.
Jake....that you???

keep crushing cans
PFL-071017-Meet-The-Fighter-DavisJr-v2.jpg

Like many have said, Lights Out was the man. Has anyone beaten his record of FOTN bonuses yet?

That's how awesome he was. If you were placed on an event with Lytle, you could practically give up on getting FOTN. Lytle was almost guaranteed to win it, because the guy would scrap with anyone. Good boxing record, as well, and was/is a paid firefighter.

good fighter. i always thought alan belcher was underrated as well

Yes it is. And I have wins over:
Maia
Woodley
Condit
Lawler
Okami
Hendo
Sakurai
Daley
Mayhem

And I beat Conor's boyfriend in BJJ.

Well jake (i dont have a personal beef with you) But alot of your fights end up being on the ground and decisions man IF you are who you say you are.
You act like half of those were champs almost ALL were split decisions (meaning judges had it for the other guy as well) Most were over a decade ago and none got him a ufc belt. Keep trying Jake..

Maia SPLIT decision
Woodley (another boring SPLIT decision)
Condit (way back in 2006 in some no name org again a decision)
Lawler good fight no complaints
Okami(2006 no name org zzzzzzzz decision)
Hendo (zzzzzzzzzzzz decision)
Sakurai (really?)
Daley (hes not a good fighter)
Mayhem (oh look ANOTHER decision )

I love Lytle he always brought it. That fight he had with Hughes was awesome. Not to mention that war he had with Prime Thiago

He was a really good fight, and had actual good MMA boxing, he retired with more mileage left in the tank to spend time with his family. He was always exciting but I wouldn't say he was underrated just forgotten.

Never heard of this Chris Lylte guy, but folks seem big on him ITT. Is he worth going back and watching?

I hope you guys aren't fanboi gushing over a Sadollah or Mr. Finland clone (C-level and swarthy w/ good flying knees)

I keep seeing that he finished a broken Dan Hardy in his last fight? Was this cool at the time? Need help putting it into perspective.

P.S. - Sorry for the noob questions; I only got into this sport because of Conor, SBG, and Coach Kav.

Danny Castillo is just a personal pick. He was in alot of wars, almost finished Barboza and MJ in wars also could've been given the nod against Tony Ferguson and Nik Lentz as well. Did get KO'd by Felder but that was his only real bad loss where he didn't look decent at least. If he could've put it all together he could've got a title shot at least once in his career. Might not ever have been champ but he had a hell of a right hand and pretty decent stand up and ground game all around.

Maybe not the most underrated but Danny Castillo was alot better than people like to give him credit for.

Hell. Yes! One of my top 10 all time favorites.... Elite mma striking skills to go along with very good grappling and great toughness. Someone to emulate as a stand up mma fighter

Back