Was Chris Lytle the most underrated fighter ever?

Remember when Condit was supposed to fight Lytle?

Would've been the best fight ever

That rolling kneebar hnnnnnnnnng.
That's what I came to say, I love that dude man, anyways cheered for him, but when he pulled that old school rolling knee bar... Man I went fucking nuts. First time in years I seen that at a high level. No one even goes for that shit any more, that was one of the first moved I was determined to pull off when I started training bjj back when

One of my all time favourites, love that guy

I feel like Lytle always got treated with the respect he deserved. One of the the very few fighters who did.

He wasn't too outspoken, he was exciting as fuck, and he was tough as fuck.

People certainly wanted to see him get to a TS (which he almost did a couple times), but people were always pretty respecting to the kind of fighter he was and where he was in the division.

Plus, the way he want out was a true feel-good moment. I remember Sherdog was pretty happy for him unanimously when he called it a career.

War Lytle. A tough, tough motherfucker.

No, but hes a beast for sure. He was a fan favourite back in the day

I don't think underrated is the right word.

Hes rated and discussed fairly for what he did.

I do feel like he was good enough to have fought for the belt. Which he never did in the UFC. I sort of think he is just one of those guys that could have been great but wasn't.

hes still going to be remembered for the wars for a while. I'm a big fan

Not by fighters and long time fans.

I loved his fights and especially how he broke down Dan Hardy.

Can't be underrated if you don't actually win fights or ever win a title.

Fucking love Lytle. He's a just bleed god disciple, for sure<{JustBleed}>

Great fighter. But his major Achilles heel was him being put on his back.

Chris, with his back against the floor was like a fish out of water.

Chris Lytle is a f....n stud 4 life, no doubt about it. His hands were lethal, and his ground game was very sneaky and slick. When he fought Serra for the TUF 4 final, my heart sank at the dec. Nothn but respect for the guy. Man, the guy is also a dad and a fireman. I mean holly shit, talk about a rounded and full life. WAR LYTLE !!

For me, I Always thought TJ Grant was underrated and left the sport too early. Racked up 5 wins in a row until he had to retire and was never finished in the UFC. Not the most underrated but certainly was.

Ehh, TJ was in line for a title shot when he got injured.

As for Lytle, I think he's appropriately rated. He was a super entertaining top 10-ish WW who retired shortly after the best victories of his career (Dan Hardy, Matt Brown, and Matt Serra). It would have been interesting to see who the UFC would have given him after Hardy had Lytle not retired.

Back