Was Chad Mendes Conor's toughest challenge in the UFC?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nate Diaz got the win and was resilient in the rematch, but i think Chad neutralized Conor's game better than any other in the UFC despite losing the fight... What u guys say?

Definitely Nate.

Nate made him tap and nearly finished him in the 2nd fight as well, not to mention Conor could only eek out a majority decision over Nate.

Nate.

Chad didn't neutralize shit, he got KO'd. Yes he neutralized it for a bit, but he was getting worked in the standup and his cardio faded, and even with a full camp it would've faded and he would've been KO'd IMO.

Nate however, finished Conor and then still gave him a hell of a fight in the rematch.

Nate Diaz got the win and was resilient in the rematch, but i think Chad neutralized Conor's game better than any other in the UFC despite losing the fight... What u guys say?
No he KO'd a midget. Thats what conor always does.

Nate finished him and had a decent showing in the rematch. I dunno why haters never give him any credit.

If the obvious answer isn't Nate Diaz...it's wrong

Nate choked him out.

Mendes got knocked out.

Ban ts

Conor was hurt for the Mendes fight

Nate submitted him dude and then took him through a 5 fight war in the rematch. Chad had Conor on his back for a bit but Conor was literally laughing at him like The Joker. Then once he got up it was all over.

Well I don't know if base it on the fight as it happened, but i cant imagine how bad fighting a prepared Mendes would have gone for him. Probably a lot like Frankie/yair.

long camp or short, it is important to recognize how well Conor did on the ground against Mendes. prior to that fight, we didn't know if he would or not. he exceeded expectations.

so Nate, definitely.

it's really too bad we didn't ever get to see Conor v Max II or Conor v Edgar I. both fights i would have liked to see. any Conor fan would like to as well; any Conor nuthugger will take that sentence as criticism and defend their boy, for some weird reason.

I think it was the guy that choked him out, and then beat the living shit out of him and ended the next fight on top raining down punches.

The narrative suits a lot of people and the fight has been mythologised a bit, but if you actually go back and watch it there was a massive sense of panic for Mendes every moment that the fight was standing. Mendes had absolutely no chance in the fight unless he could just keep McGregor down for five rounds which he would never have been able to do, full camp or no camp. He was always on the brink of being finished.

I'd agree with everyone else here about Diaz. When both McGregor and Diaz were fully prepared and in optimal shape, Diaz was able to compete closely for the full five rounds and it would no doubt be a close fight if it happened again.

No because Conor told us he hits like a flyweight.

nearly finished him in the 2nd fight as well

tenor.gif

Conor, the most overrated fighter of all time. Mediocrity never looked so good, that just sums up todays standards. WAY more money,wayyy less talent.

If Chad had Nate's chin and cardio he would have won.

Nate had to get beaten down hard for atleast a round or more to get the win or make it competitive.

Back